Advice for problem with private training provider

waldo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if any one can offer any advice with a problem i have.

I recently paid £7500 for a training course titled level 2 and 3 corgi gas engineer, which consisted of 10 weeks full time in centre training and 16/17 weeks full time unpaid guaranteed work placement in my local area.

The training company state that the placement in the most important element of the course and also that the experience is essential in order to gain entry to the ACS centre to take the gas exams, the experience is also essential to be able to register with corgi as an installer.

The problem I have is that the company found me a placement on my first block of on the job training (5weeks) with a company that was operating illegally and unsafely, this caused me problems and I reported this back to the training centre who then said all work I had done at that company would not be able to be counted because of the way the company was operating.

They appologised and promised to find me another company for my last block of on the job training (10/12 weeks) which would give me the minimum experience required to get onto the level 3 part of the course and do the gas exams.

They put me in touch with a company who now says there is no placement for me, and I was suppoesed to start next monday.

So it looks like I won't get the minimum experience required to enter these exams and even if I do, I won't have the experience required to be able to register with corgi, the main reason I booked the course with them was because they guaranteed the work placement which would allow me to get my qualifications and register with corgi.

As the training provider professed to guarantee a local placement, does anyone know what legal rights I would have for claiming compensation and or a full or partial refund of the fees?

Also if they find a placement not in my local area, would I have any rights to claim travel expenses?

Throughout this course I have not been able to work, because it is full time, would i have any case for a loss of earnings claim if I took them to court?

Would appreciate any help, that anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance

Waldo