Hello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

After reading some of the messages on this sight I am feeling very positive about reclaiming my bank charges.

I dread to think how much it will total to when I was being charged £80 on most occassions.

Does anyone know, do I have to send a sperate 'Acccess Request' letter to each bank that I have held accounts with in the past six years:confused:

Hi Whirlwind127

Yes a separate letter to each bank. If you had more than one account with a bank,then just one letter with your account numbers etc..Enclose a £10 check with each one. You could call them first, may cost you nothing.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. You can claim back your charges, and a few are trying for the payback of Early Redemption Charges on loans and Mortgages.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you get around the site.

Good luck

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi There,

I am very encouraged from what I have read, I myself have paid over £300 on occasions in charges at the end of a month. I am looking to change banks prior to going into dispute with them though, is this wise ?

Many Thanks

Hi Stimpy,

Please set up your own thread and try not to hijack others, apart from anything else, it makes it easier for us to help you if you have your own thread in the relevant forum.:)

Please read all the FAQs so you feel comfortable with the procedures, it will make everything a lot easier for you.

It is advised that you open a parachute account, just in case your bank decides to get nasty, full details are in the FAQs.

Best of luck to you ;)

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's