whoareya -vs- Barclays

whoareya
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was actually thinking of getting another company to do this for me (this one is no win no fee and takes the interest. In my instance it would be about £100) however I have another case with Lloyds and SCM has aggranoyed me so much by defending my claim on the very last day I'm taking Barclays on myself. Apologies in advance Barclays as you will be receiving my wrath - Blame Lloyds and SCM

Anyway, the news in brief

07-07-06 Sent Barclays S.A.R

25-08-06 Sent Barclays Request for refund (at the time £1,100)

25-10-06 Standard refusal received, offering me £500

27-10-06 Sent Barclays politely decline but accept part payment and Threatening court (Enjoyed sending that one)

30-09-06 Standard refusal received again

30-11-06 Claim issued

With interests and costs I am claiming for £1,400

Any help or advice at this stage would be great

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please enlighted me as to why you are willing to pay commission to achieve what you can do yourself. It seems rather daft to me.

If you need any help etc just shout there are plenty of people around who can help you, and you will save on commission etc.

Hello Darling.

Thanks for your question, as it is an interesting one.

I haven't gone down that route, I've opted to go it alone - with CAG's assistance of course

However, there are a number of reasons why I thought about it.

1. There is no money up front - In a sense you are just getting less back

2. There are no win no fees.

3. This company I looked into would only take the interest - in this particular case it would've amounted to around £100-£150. With paying £120 up front myself in a time where I need the money, I don't see it as giving money to someone else

4. People can help which is fantastic however if I go to court can someone help there, maybe before hand but not during. Solicitors have years of experience and can argue points of law for hours. I cannot, I can stick in my two pennies worth, but we're discussing my claim and if I get something wrong I lose out. I guess its the same mentality as not representing yourself in court for other matters.

5. This is a daunting experience - courts - I've covered that above.

6. In the mindset that a solicitor will guarantee me my full claim, I don't mind giving him £100 for the troubles, but I'd be gutted if I lost out

7. Banks are more scared of solicitors than individuals - (I guess)

I hope you are more enlightened, I see the pros' and cons' for looking for assistance.

I am curious why you would NOT consider assistance or paying someone else commission in your words.

And how about this I am claiming for £1,400 - if Barclays offer me between £1,000-£1,200 I'd accept it in a heartbeat - but with a solicitor I would go for the lot, if they are offering 80% you are nearly there anyway.

If this scenario happens would you say I was daft at accepting £1,200 instead of the full £1,400.

I think paying for assistance depends on peoples circumstance

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks lets hope with all the Christmas festivities they wake up with a massive hangover and are incapable of doing anything until the 4th Jan

What are Barclays tactics like. I've taken Lloyds through the process and they have stalled every step of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

They have approx one hour, I have just checked, they haven't put in a defence as yet. Either they aren't because it would have been posted. Or MCOL has received the defence but not updated the site or they aren't entering a defence at all.

Can't wait to send in the baliffs

I've just tried to do serve judgement but it again does not let me, same gumpf about it not been 28 days yet.

This is the 28th day.

It's past 4 o'clock. Whats up?

The MCOL helpdesk is now closed, it closes at 5 (I called 1 minute past)

Gives me time to check my dates, it's correct though. 28 days from the 6th December is the 3rd.

Does it not include Bank Holidays and weekends?

Katlu, it's 14 days from the date served to acknowledge claim. And if an acknowledgement is made they have 28 days from the date served. {So not 14 + 28}

You need to know the date your claim was filed

Wahoo!

I think this is going to be a success story.

Served judgment this morning, from what I can gather I have requested that this gets looked at by the judge before issuing to Barclays. Can't see why I am not going to get my money, will call MCOL later today and update

£1453.25 (inc £120.00 court fees)

This is fantastic, I can't quite believe it!

whoareya

I can't work it out. These are dates on Court letter:

Claim issued 30 November 06

Sent to defendant on 30th November 06

Deemed served on 2nd December 06

Defendant has until 18th December 06 to reply.

Defendant acknowledged on 19th December

Are you able to tell me what date is the 28th day??? Would it be from 2nd December onwards???

Katlu

As far as I see it it would indeed be from the 2nd December. Barclays acknowledging a day late seems about normal but won't make any difference to your date of 2nd December. That means the time has passed now doesn't it?

Laineybelle

Katlu - I would call MCOL to confirm 0845 601 5935

But my claim was deemed to be served on 6th December (filled out the forms on MCOL on the 1st I believe which was a Friday)

28 days from the 6th December was 3rd January.

But it wouldn't let me claim on that day, it only let me do it this morning.

I assume it must be 28 full days.

Why don't you log onto MCOL and try to make judgment?

Just got off the phone to MCOL all my celebrating was in vain

It seems Barclays put in their defence today.

It has overriden my request to serve judgment

I am absolutely gutted, however I knew it was too good to be true

The case is being allocated to my local court

I have to fill in an AQ and stump up some more money.

Just my luck

Keep your chin up Whoareya, from what I have read this is the norm!!!

I know it is horrible having to dish out yet more dough but you are not far off now and consider it a small loan to Barclays as you will get all of it back plus the next £100. Another way of looking at it is a few more weeks interest coming your way too.

Good luck and keep us posted

Laineybelle