Sneaky move by Amazon Prime Video

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband spends a lot of time walking on a treadmill (bad knee) and watches mindless TV to pass the time. 

Yesterday he turned on the TV and pressed 'resume' to continue watching a series called 'Chuck' on Amazon Prime. 

This was episode 5 of season 5 of something which has always been included with Prime ie no charge. 

Next thing we knew he had an email confirming his purchase of this episode for £2.99. 

I wouldn't have thought more of it if charges had been imposed at the start of a new season but this is really sneaky, not only part way through a season but part way through one episode.  The customer services rep tried to argue that it must be a favourite episode so he had intended to purchase it.  That's a really weird thing to suggest.

We argued the point - and we had to argue hard but eventually they agreed to refund as a special favour when we insisted they check viewing history to prove this was not a chargeable series up until this point and we have never purchased a tv series, only two films.

If you use Prime video be warned.  Something which has been included can suddenly be changed and there's precious little to warn you.  In our case there was nothing as it had been left halfway through an episode and hitting 'resume' was apparently consenting to purchase. 

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread