Tax credit fraud- compliance interview

I would think it's more that the person dealing with your file has all the information and it's best if they speak to you.

When is your interview meant to be?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've replied now but please bear in mind that we're all volunteers here so people get here when they can. Also, weekends are quieter here but we do what we can.   HB

Sorry, thank you!!  

A solicitor would be the last person you want for this. It's not an interview under caution, the worst that will happen is that they will take around 8% of your future award, going forward. That's it!

stop fretting you won't be prosecuted.

they only do that to serial fraudsters mostly involved in the benefit scam crime syndicates.

as with the other threads already here

you'll simply be asked to pay it back at a small affordable rate and that is simply taken from your ongoing claim if you are entitled to still receive any benefit from them. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also it's very common that people who go to prison for this, worked for Tax Credits, or HMRC, whilst perpetrating deliberate fraud.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A solicitor would be the last person you want for this. It's not an interview under caution, the worst that will happen is that they will take around 8% of your future award, going forward. That's it!

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Most HMRC staff are working from home and are therefore not dealing with most  matters by incoming phone calls.   Any phone calls will be via an outgoing phone call and this may be why they say wait for the compliance interview phone call.

I’m hoping they ring just After 4 and then I will

leave and take the call 

I managed to get out and ring. The woman was lovely and said she will put to ring from 4.05 

Iv done!! 

the woman was so so so lovely. 

I had not renewed in April she said she needed to do that first, and then I asked to be referred to the vulnerable team and so she’s referred to a case worker.

she said I won’t go prison and they will just look and setting a payment plan up 🙈

told ya

you'd never goto prison anyway..

so do a short write up so anyone else that comes here we can point them to your thread and they'll read how uptight you were and how it was all totally unnecessary..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok then panicking about nothing when you'd been repeatedly advised not too..:bounce:

and they

• 2 weeks later...

what are you panicking about now?

dx

and they

Best cure for anxiety is to fill time with other things. Don't keep thinking about letters arriving. Accept that you receive all kinds of post.

I used to dread brown envelopes on my front floor mat and sometimes allowed a week to pass by before opening them. Then you have a pile to open, which makes matters worse. And then when you open them, most require no action.

Easier said than done. But try to forget about waiting for a letter. Accept that it will arrive when it does and open it on same day as you receive it.  And don't delay in taking action required. I think you have to contact them to discuss how you would like to pay any amount owed back. They will explain the options.