• Tweets

• why not simply tell you supplier they have the wrong meter number you been paying for usage , and ofcourse you can view this online too so its not as if you'll owe anything you might get a nice surprise and find you are owed a refund.
    • The world of ballroom dancing went online to cope with the pandemic restrictions, but what does the future hold? View the full article
    • I would add, many companies have done everything possible to manage and carry on in difficult Covid19 circumstances to supply customers with what they need.   Continually making excuses for delays is not what I'd want from an installer and maybe the £100 deposit is not so important.   Get this deposit back if you can but, more importantly, find a local installer recommended by family or friends to carry out the works.
    • Hello all,   I hope you can assist me, as I am quite lost and confused at the moment.   Two years ago I moved to my actual flat. Throughout this time I have been with EDF first and now EON. When I moved in, my landlord didn't quite know which one was my meter and I picked the one that I believed was mine (now reading you I know I should have done a burner test..). During this time, I have been paying my bills and submitting the numbers that I believed mine, which actually agreed with my consuming patterns.   Today, all the meters appeared with numbers, but the one next to the one that I was using, which appeared with a different flat number. As you might have guessed, none of them had my flat number. I have just made the test and it looks like that one may be mine.   Now, how should I proceed? I have been paying bills is not like I wanted to avoid paying, but clearly there has been an issue. Could you please advice me on how to proceed?   Lastly, in terms of meter serial number, the one that I was using matches my bill and I guess my neighbor bill. The additional doubt I have is, who is paying for my meter and why are they still providing me with gas if no one is paying the one that seems to be my real meter.   Many thanks!    
    • Hi J,   You must decide what's your priority - make the gym honour what you were offered originally (perhaps trying to draw you in) ................   ............... or pay what they're now demanding to get the srvice you want.   Surley it's worth a go ?
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

CLI Debt Collection agency Italian traffic offence - help needed!

Hi all, 

I have read all the threads about CLI (Credit limits international) regarding fines from minor traffic offences in Florence Italy but I wonder if anyone actually faced some serious issues by ignoring the letters?

Did any bailiffs knocking on the door, any court hearings, credit scores affected etc?

In my case, it is for a traffic offence in Florence and entering a traffic limited zone in 2015.

CLI claims that their client is the Firenze Municipale and they are collecting the debt on their behalf.

However, I have (as many others) never received the first or any notification from the Italian traffic police itself. 

I called them and as stated in many online websites - they confirmed that the final notification is sent by registered post and needs to sent within 360 days of when they received my contact details by the rental company. The most odd thing is that the Firenze Municipale also mentioned that they hold no records of old fines so that makes me really wonder how they can act on behalf of the police when they don't have any records of it? Also worth mentioning is that, there are many errors on the original fine CLI has sent me, there are slightly different amount stated on each page. 

If they have bought the debt than it would be fraud by claiming that they act on behalf of a client.

I know many are saying to ignore it and they have no authority to take further legal actions, however they are a member of CSA (note I have spoken to FCA and they confirmed they do not regulate traffic offences so they do not need to be registered there) so I would think they can enforce it. 

Does anyone have any experience and how far did CLI take it?

I have no problem paying the original fine as I never was notified but they are claiming more than 4 times and I doubt you can negotiate. 

Thanks!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no-one can send any bailiffs around until/unless the OWNER of the debt takes court action and you lose, fail to pay and they return to court to ask the judge to send court bailiffs.

and there has never been any evidence to date of that.

CLI are a DCA... a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS on any debt no matter if its been to court or otherwise.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Simply file it away in the bin and get on with your life, nothing can or will come of it, it's simply a powerless DCA chancing their arm.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you!

The OWNER, Italian Police were shocked when I said it was as far back as 2015 and they have no record of this so clearly CLI is NOT acting on their behalf (sounds like fraud) and if they don't have any records, no further actions can be taken (not that they would bother with this anyway). Especially since they made it clear that I have the right to see proof of the registered notification of the original fine and if it is not sent within 360 days then it is no longer valid from their perspective. 

So ignore and not respond to any further emails? I assume I can expect a few more threatening letters until they give up. 

you should certainly never be responding to any emails or texts or phonecalls from anyone about any debt no matter it's type

block and bounce all email addresses used and report texts as spam etc.

In the UK DCA's simply scam people out of free money that goes directly into their pockets to pay for staff drinks and free holidays abroad because most people blindly think that a DCA has some form of magical powers and wet themselves and cough up on any ole debt they chase

so you can't really blame CLI for trying it on for a foreign debt..esp as its a FINE..which conjures up all kinds of scary things like courts and prison and arrest if not paid.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Noted for next time! As you say, you get scared and think that you have to pay or it will get a lot worse. Obviously they know how to scare people. Thanks for your help!