• Tweets

• Good morning.    I would like some advice please.    I recently (19th nov) bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ from currys. I did open and set up the phone to try it out but 1) wasn’t keen on it and 2) had trouble with the usb connection when trying to connect with my car stereo.   I decided that I would seek to return it, but only on trying to return it came across the stipulation that if data/software has been installed then a refund would not be issued and after calling was told this was due to GDPR. I did point out to them that phone providers will issue full refunds even if the phone has been set-up and also that in order to be able to test the phone it requires setting up and software/data being installed but was told that it’s their policy.   I acknowledge that I may have handled it more than is reasonable in a shop as you wouldn’t be able to install software in a store, however the phone did need to be set up in order to test it, the phone has been returned back to factory settings and didn’t leave a case or the plastic film for the two days I used it for. Therefore I do not believe it was handled more than necessary.   Having looked at the CCR and CRA I called back to state that their store policy is super erred by the previously mentioned regulations and that their policy contradicts the Consumer Regulations Act.   As you cannot properly test the phone without having to install software on it, their policy creates an unfair term which I told the customer service agent over the phone who spoke to her manager and told me to contact their legal department.   I am still within the 14 day notice of return period so wish to try and preferable use this route.   Any advice at all please?
    • Here is all the details (hopefully) in one post.   The Ford Kuga was purchased from Fast Motor Finance LTD Crawley on 8th September 20 Mileage at purchase was 109520 through HP fiancé via Advance Finance Grimsby   The car was covered by a 6 month warranty that includes engine & gearbox but excludes clutches, flywheels or any wear & tear (Taken from the garages website)    Service History:   08-04-2013 Pre-delivery Inspection 26-11-2013 12809 Service (no paperwork just stamped book) 09-07-2014 25963 Service (no paperwork just stamped book) 09-02-2015 36814 Service (first Invoiced service but no paperwork just stamped book). Gearbox service would of probably been done here but can't verify. 16-02-2016 50385 Service  (Full service, paperwork and stamped book) 31-03-2017 64680 Service (Full Service, paperwork & stamped book) 13-02-2018 76988 Service ( Full service with gearbox service, paperwork & book stamp) 29-03-2019 92592 Service (Full service with paperwork & book stamp) 11-02-2020 106322 Service (Basic Service, no paperwork but book stamp)   As there was no paperwork for last service the garage which serviced the car were able to email over that the service was a basic oil & water change and that the gearbox oil and filters was not changed.   At the beginning of November the gearbox started making some noise and was having trouble selecting gear.   The finance company  asked for the car to be taken to a VAT registered garage to find out what the problem was and not to drive it further.   After the garage looked at the car the estimate was for a full service of the gearbox which would be £370 but because it had gone over Ford recommended mileage for the gearbox there would be no guarantee this would clear the problem and that would mean a replacement gearbox would be needed.   Since picking the car up in September the car has driven 1500 miles.   Spoke to the garage as was informed that the car was over 30 days old and there was nothing they could do and the gearbox would not be covered by the warranty as this would be normal wear and tear!   The warranty company said exactly the same and would not entertain us.   After countless calls and emails to Advantage finance a formal complaint was raised and they finally agreed to send one of their mechanics to inspect the car last week 19th November. The mechanics ahs reported back to Advantage that the noise is down to wear and tear and Advantage have closed the complaint and are sending out a deadlock letter that includes a copy of the mechanics report.   Would their mechanic have to be DEKRA registered to complete the report or Advance Finance own mechanic?   This now means that the car cannot be driven is still at the garage and will need a minimum of £370 to make it driveable on a car that has been driven 1500 miles since collection without a guarantee that this will cure the problem.   We are both key workers that need the car to travel to and from work as well as take our son to nursery, and at the moment having to rely of friends and family to help out with lifts.   I have spoken to Ford and they have told me these car need to have the gearbox serviced at around 35k and at a very maximum of 37.5k and have put this on letterheaded paper, I have also emailed a couple of other Ford and independent dealers to get details of this as well.   Would it be worth getting an AA or RAC inspection done to check the gearbox and to see if there is any other problems with the car.   Thanks again to everyone epically dx & Bank fodder who have helped me with advice.   JJ    
    • nothing they can do anyway so..   dx
    • I've successfully had a Claim discontinued using the exact stages recommended by Andy and DX. They are outstanding individuals in the fight against these dreadful DCA's! Good luck.   'L' will likely pull out at the eleventh hour but mean time try to fob you off with bank giro slip copies as Contract proof lol. Stand your ground!   Also my Letter Before Action actually came AFTER the  Money claim. They can't even get the pre-action protocol right.   Another thing they tried was pretending to send papers that looked like they were from the court for me to sign re: Claims Track.. Boxes had been pre-checked by them to dupe me into signing their preferred action. I printed out my own and sent those to the court instead. 
    • Talks about borrowing £30m have reportedly failed, potentially putting 15,000 jobs at risk. View the full article
  • Our picks

JCI/BW PAPLOC - Old Talk Talk Broadband debt subject to dispute LBC Received .

Name of the Claimant? JC International Acquisition LLC

Date of issue – 02 September 2020

What is the claim for – 

1. The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with Talk Talk Limited dated 29/12/2014 which was assigned to the claimant on 27/03/2020 and notice of which was allegedly given to the defendant on the 07/09/2020 and which is now all due and payable.

The defendant made no agreement to pay monthly instalments under account number xxxxxx

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No

What is the value of the claim? £528.00

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Landline ,Broadband & Mobile Phone

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year? No

Why did you cease payments? 

I ceased payments because of the loss of signal that I have been experiencing throughout the time spent with the company in relation to my mobile phone.

They were still investigating the line when I received my online monthly bill and I noticed they had overcharged me £180 for data usage.

I called TalkTalk and they explained that my data was over the limit but could not substantiate it as I was using an old Nokia (Brick).

My broadband Package was £10.10/month for 18 months’ contract and TalkTalk was unable to clarify some unexplained itemised charges on my online account. As a result, I raised my billing complains with them in numerous occasions but to no avail.

Meanwhile, I have been inundated with annoying phone calls on a daily basis from allegedly TalkTalk technical support staff.

They were asking things like I have faults in the router which needs fixing and or that I should follow their instructions to get things back to normal or risk losing my internet altogether. I have reported the calls to TalkTalk but their staff were in denial that this has anything to do with them. Furthermore, I was advised to write to them in order to allow me to move to another provider without penalty because I believe they failed to protect my personal details.

In the middle of this confusion, I had to switch to Plusnet and immediately contacted TalkTalk to try and resolve the bill issue but they demanded that I pay them the alleged outstanding payment of £245.95 but the caller said that there may be some serious issues with my bill and to wait until the final bill is received before it can be resolved!

I haven’t heard anything from them since 02/02/2016 and I thought that was the end of it till now when I received a correspondence from bw legal who issued this claim.

What was the date of your last payment?  Around March 2016.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan ? No

Please note that I have received a letter of claim from bw Legal and that I have 30 days to respond to the claim starting from the 2nd of September 2020

Therefore, I need to provide my defence and or use the reply form in time and not sure how to proceed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

• Andyorch changed the title to JC International Acquisition LLC Court Claim Received .

previous post hidden

please post the Letter of claim up as a PDF 

just the 1st page only 

so you've not received a claimform in a large windowed A4 Envelope from Northants Bulk Court

but a Letter of claim from BW legal only? 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bet its not from Northampton, but the final frightener before they do issue a claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you need to converse with us Drays...

i will guess you have NOT received a claimform pack from northants bulk

but merely a letter of claim from BW legal.

you respond by following Post 4 here:

do NOT use their reply pack.

but you MUST reply.

follow Exactly as post 4

i would suggest the reason as: the alleged debt concerns a dispute for failure to provide a reliable service ( put nothing else at this stage)

JCI buy these old telecom debts up because sadly so many people wet themselves thinking they are owed and JCI have magical powers...when they don't. the debt is subject to a valid dispute.

there are number threads here regarding them..

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=JC Talk talk&oq=JC Talk talk&gs_l=partner-generic.3...801398.805115.0.805375.12.12.0.0.0.0.121.799.10j2.12.0.csems%2Cnrl%3D13...0.3728j1478984j13...1.34.partner-generic..12.0.0.zyRD3vNgDww

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to JC International Acquisition LLC Court PAP LBC Received .

docx files hold all your details in file info/properties...post hidden.

please read upload carefully and use one multipage pdf only too/

dx

and they

Good grief! there was nothing in docx files to be recognised with, however i see your point dx.

First I though they should be sent in a standard form, so you can check the original...

letter of claim and or reply form is uploaded as a single multipage pdf + telecom debt letter pdf

so am I good to go now?REPLY FORM.pdfTelecom Debts Letter.pdf

On 18/09/2020 at 12:03, dx100uk said:

not sure what you are following drays .

in the above link

you need to scroll to post 4 

telecoms debt

and simple download the attachment there

and fill it out as advised in post 4

there is no need for a sep letter.

dx

and they

:rockon:

and they

cant see ticks in the relevant boxes but that prob just the conversion

don't sign it just type you name 

send via 1st class and free Proof of posting from PO counter

dx

and they

Yup! you've guessed it right dx.

it'll be done today... 1st class stamp and free proof of postage it is. Merci beaucoup.

:classic_cool:

Hi All,

what's wrong with reclaim the right LTD page? third time unlucky for making my donation this morning!

prob..you get "something went wrong & we could not process your transaction" i'll try again later or tomorrow.

Thank you.😕

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Received a reply this morning from BWlegal:

• Account been placed on a hold
  • No specific time frame provided for documentation to be sent.
  • No 30 days mentioned

Now  they are asking me for evidence in support of my claim!

If you prefer I will upload them documents in pdf format for simplicity.

Is there anything else that should be done now or shall I just sit on my hands and wait?

you are under no legal obligation to do so.

let them sweat 

the next move is not yours.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to JCI/BW PAPLOC - Old Talk Talk Broadband debt subject to dispute LBC Received .

there s no pressure

it's purely what we call a speculative claim letter

hoping you don't respond or respond and wet yourself and cough up.

there are 100's of telecom debt claimform threads here

we win almost 99% of them.

one of the sentences from the defence that usually makes them give up is this

5.Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

and they