• Tweets

• I’m currently on day 9 of mild symptoms  Starting about 5 days after My daughter had symptoms and subsequently tested positive.  she’s well over it now.   From my point of view I’ve had far Worse but Christ the symptoms are weird.    Anyway apparently if I’ve made it to day 9 or 10 without taking a turn for the worse , chances I’m on the road to recovery, so that’s some kind of relief.
    • Dr North highlights an unwanted effect of Lockdown and closure of food outlets and pubs, rodent infestations, rats go where there is food.   https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/covid-rats/
    • We will see if the Role Of 6 and being outside etc hold fast tomorrow with Halloween, will the Children rebel and go Trick or Treating?  Will 9 and 10 year old's be Tasered for disobeying a copper?
    • It's not just the elite and the masses either. It seems to me that lockdown is skewed to the north, or at least away from the south east.   The R number seems to be a blunt instrument and there are areas with higher number that aren't locked down. Yet again, let the local public health people decide.
    • Firstly let me say that this is not a frustrated contract because in order to meet the requirements of the doctrine of frustration, the contract must be really impossible to perform.  Maybe because the house doesn't exist anymore or because there is a law against it etc. Here you are simply talking about delay. So please forget frustration.   Secondly the advice you have received from Citizens Advice I'm afraid is dangerous and could lead you into litigation which you might possibly lose. Ignore it.   One thing I am not clear on it is how long the installation work will take. What have you been told?   I understand that you made a contract which suggested that the installation might take place at any time before mid-november. I'm afraid that in these kinds of service or building contracts you have to accept a reasonable delay. A 1st of February deadline was completely unacceptable and would have been unreasonable. However I understand that under pressure from you they have now given you a deadline of 7th of December.   Firstly I think that a delay of a time up to the 7th of December is probably just within the bounds of reasonableness. Secondly because you effectively put pressure on them to have a shorter deadline and they came up with the 7th of December one could say that you have now been complicit in the delay and so I don't think you are in a position to reject it.   I understand that your confidence may have been undermined by what has happened so far and I think that you are justified but I'm afraid that I don't think that gives you  a reason or an opportunity to void the contract now.   I think you are going to have to accept 7th of December installation date but I think it would be reasonable now for you to write to the supplier and to let them know that time is of the essence and that the 7th of December deadline is the last date which you will accept for installation and if the installation does not occur on that date then you will consider that the contract has been terminated by their breach and you will take all necessary action to recover your money.   I think you should send this letter in the form of a letter of claim.   A letter of claim normally gives 14 days notice before County Court action will be commenced.   In this case I think that you can give them notice that if the installation does not occur by the 7th of December and if you then do not receive your full refund by the 14th of December you will start the immediate action in the county court to recover the money plus interest and without any further notice.   The advice above depends on what you have to tell me about the time needed for the installation. Also if you decide to send the letter of claim which I've suggested above then I think it will be a good idea if you would draft your letter of claim and post it here so we can check it.    
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Did a chargeback on a ryanair flight that wasn't cancelled...can they get back at me?

Regarding a charge back ,    We was advised by the UK not to leave the country a few weeks ago so I called Ryan air to ask for my money back for a flight ,   I was told that they dont do refunds unless they cancel the flight 

I then called the bank and told them the flight had been canceled and asked for a chargeback on my visa debit ,   the money was refunded to me straight away but I obviously lied and the flight still went ahead without me or my wife on it , 

My question is this ,    Can Ryan air dispute the charge back and also how long have they got to dispute it as its already been 2o days since the charge back ,    Thanks 

• dx100uk changed the title to Did a chargeback on a ryanair flight that wasn't cancelled...can they get back at me?

retitled and moved to the airlines forum.

interesting one...

they could object to the chargeback

and the bank could agree to repay them.

they could also not, but discover down the line, that things don't don't marry up and ask you for payment directly.

but TBH i think you might have covid recommendations on your side but i'd save NOW any relevant information you might need to prove your point of 'don't fly' just in case.

they have 6yrs to do so 

we can't guess eitherway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

unfortunately, under the statute of limitations Act, that has has been around for probably +100yrs, yes.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there might well be a time limit for them to object to the chargeback..but that becomes somewhat immaterial once it passes.

you attained a refund, by whatever method, ryanair are now out of pocket.

should they deem that there was no reason for said refund, be it that the flight wasn't cancelled or that the covid no travel advice does not apply, then they have 6 yrs to possibly action getting their moneyback.

which is why i said ensure you research things NOW and keep the evidence of the no travel advice etc etc where you know where it is.

eitherway we don't have a crystal ball to guess what they will do

and they

they are two sep things.

you say they can dispute the chargeback upto 30days from you doing it,

i've not checked that

..but its immaterial once that time has passed should they not dispute it.

under the statute of limitations (same as if someone owes YOU money or you have a debt like a credit card one)

the person/company that claims a debt is owed has 6yrs from the debtors last payment or action to try and collect it. or raise a court claim.

and they

:frusty:

thats the time limit regarding a chargeback dispute.

and they

Actually the time limit is longer than that. As it would be money which was paid under a mistake, it would be 6 years from the date they discover the error or could reasonably have done so.

Also there could be a question of fraud

sch i was trying not to panic them..:bounce:

• Like 1

and they

You would probably have been better off just not turning up for the flights and giving up the money.

How you paid is irrelevant. 

You formed a contract with Ryanain then broke it.

Ryanair are going to want their money.

Edited by ashmk

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

https://www.chargebackgurus.com/blog/dont-run-out-the-clock-understanding-chargeback-time-limits#How-long-do-I-have-to-respond-to-a-chargeback

I have just spoke to my bank ,  not the one that i had a chargeback with and they have said the merchant bank has 30 days by law to dispute any chargeback ,   once 30 days have passed then they can no longer make any dispute ,  

when I mentioned 6 years she actually laughed ,  

So with no fear of getting banned from this page I can now say the 2 people who commented on my post DX100UK and BANKFODDER have no expertise in anything and [edit] speakers of this site ,  

[edit] knows how many people they have given [edit] advice too but I suggest anyone that listens to them finds out from other people who actually know what they are talking about ,   Cheers ,    Peace out 

under the statute of limitations anyone you might owe money too has 6yrs to get it back.

the statute of limitations is nothing to do with any chargeback or whatever method you got the moneyback by.

please don't be abusive just because you don't understand the law.

and they

You are right ,  I don't understand the law and assumed you did but upon checking with someone who does ,  The bank !!!   It seems you don't either ,   The difference is I did not make out I did 

Bless.

no-one here has ever said the bank do not only have 30days to dispute the chargeback process.

what we are pointing out out is that has created a debt with ryanair.

ryanair, as anyone has ....including you, that thinks someone owes you money,... has 6yrs to do 'something' about it before the debt become statute barred under the statute of limitations that prevents court enforcement happening.

you seem unable to understand this..

just because a chargeback was the reason you got that moneyback and under the rules concerning chargeback, that limits them to 30 days to try and dispute/reverse it under the chargeback scheme....that does not mean they cannot get their money back outside of the scheme or once the 30days have elapsed.

as has been said numerous times now. how you got the refund is immaterial. they still have 6yrs.

and they

i believe this subject has been locked

however, that doesn't mean you cannot seek advice should ryanair, or someone they instruct, starts hassling you or worse over the fraud you committed. 

please simply send a private msg to any of the siteteam to unlock this thread and we will gladly help you.

dx

• Like 1

and they