Did a chargeback on a ryanair flight that wasn't cancelled...can they get back at me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Regarding a charge back ,    We was advised by the UK not to leave the country a few weeks ago so I called Ryan air to ask for my money back for a flight ,   I was told that they dont do refunds unless they cancel the flight 

I then called the bank and told them the flight had been canceled and asked for a chargeback on my visa debit ,   the money was refunded to me straight away but I obviously lied and the flight still went ahead without me or my wife on it , 

My question is this ,    Can Ryan air dispute the charge back and also how long have they got to dispute it as its already been 2o days since the charge back ,    Thanks 

• dx100uk changed the title to Did a chargeback on a ryanair flight that wasn't cancelled...can they get back at me?

retitled and moved to the airlines forum.

interesting one...

they could object to the chargeback

and the bank could agree to repay them.

they could also not, but discover down the line, that things don't don't marry up and ask you for payment directly.

but TBH i think you might have covid recommendations on your side but i'd save NOW any relevant information you might need to prove your point of 'don't fly' just in case.

they have 6yrs to do so 

we can't guess eitherway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

unfortunately, under the statute of limitations Act, that has has been around for probably +100yrs, yes.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there might well be a time limit for them to object to the chargeback..but that becomes somewhat immaterial once it passes.

you attained a refund, by whatever method, ryanair are now out of pocket.

should they deem that there was no reason for said refund, be it that the flight wasn't cancelled or that the covid no travel advice does not apply, then they have 6 yrs to possibly action getting their moneyback.

which is why i said ensure you research things NOW and keep the evidence of the no travel advice etc etc where you know where it is.

eitherway we don't have a crystal ball to guess what they will do

and they

they are two sep things.

you say they can dispute the chargeback upto 30days from you doing it,

i've not checked that

..but its immaterial once that time has passed should they not dispute it.

under the statute of limitations (same as if someone owes YOU money or you have a debt like a credit card one)

the person/company that claims a debt is owed has 6yrs from the debtors last payment or action to try and collect it. or raise a court claim.

and they

:frusty:

thats the time limit regarding a chargeback dispute.

and they

Actually the time limit is longer than that. As it would be money which was paid under a mistake, it would be 6 years from the date they discover the error or could reasonably have done so.

Also there could be a question of fraud

sch i was trying not to panic them..:bounce:

• Like 1

and they

You would probably have been better off just not turning up for the flights and giving up the money.

How you paid is irrelevant. 

You formed a contract with Ryanain then broke it.

Ryanair are going to want their money.

Edited by ashmk

https://www.chargebackgurus.com/blog/dont-run-out-the-clock-understanding-chargeback-time-limits#How-long-do-I-have-to-respond-to-a-chargeback

I have just spoke to my bank ,  not the one that i had a chargeback with and they have said the merchant bank has 30 days by law to dispute any chargeback ,   once 30 days have passed then they can no longer make any dispute ,  

when I mentioned 6 years she actually laughed ,  

So with no fear of getting banned from this page I can now say the 2 people who commented on my post DX100UK and BANKFODDER have no expertise in anything and [edit] speakers of this site ,  

[edit] knows how many people they have given [edit] advice too but I suggest anyone that listens to them finds out from other people who actually know what they are talking about ,   Cheers ,    Peace out 

under the statute of limitations anyone you might owe money too has 6yrs to get it back.

the statute of limitations is nothing to do with any chargeback or whatever method you got the moneyback by.

please don't be abusive just because you don't understand the law.

and thats and American site UK chargeback law is different

and they

Bless.

no-one here has ever said the bank do not only have 30days to dispute the chargeback process.

what we are pointing out out is that has created a debt with ryanair.

ryanair, as anyone has ....including you, that thinks someone owes you money,... has 6yrs to do 'something' about it before the debt become statute barred under the statute of limitations that prevents court enforcement happening.

you seem unable to understand this..

just because a chargeback was the reason you got that moneyback and under the rules concerning chargeback, that limits them to 30 days to try and dispute/reverse it under the chargeback scheme....that does not mean they cannot get their money back outside of the scheme or once the 30days have elapsed.

as has been said numerous times now. how you got the refund is immaterial. they still have 6yrs.

and they

i believe this subject has been locked

however, that doesn't mean you cannot seek advice should ryanair, or someone they instruct, starts hassling you or worse over the fraud you committed. 

please simply send a private msg to any of the siteteam to unlock this thread and we will gladly help you.

dx

• Like 1

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks