Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK

keyblue321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, 

I purchased a television from currys last year in june 2019 - with the extended 5 year warranty, I've has some issues with it and it started to power off.

I went to the samsung forums and saw that it was an issue with an external input box connected to the TV, I was advised to contact samsung

samsung gave me a code to give to currys for a replacement box.

Teamknowhow came and took my television - even though i told him not to and the modular box, they then bought me back a television that was a bad quality refurbished unit with protruding screws that i could tighten or put back in.

i refused the television , they dumped it back in the lorry and sent it back over to me in even worse condition, bear in mind it was absolutely immaculate when it left my house.

it's got chunks missing from, it rubber feet missing, screws missing, panel damage, bezel damage, deep scratches that are inches long.

On the second delivery attempt the Television came back Dead on arrival and with all the damage shown below

I'm incredibly frustrated - ive written to their CEO, the Partners at Samsung, called customer service, but they don't seem to honour any part of their warranty .

I've asked for a refund or a like for like replacement, but they wont do anything apart from collect me Television damage it and give me back the same the unit in much worse condition.

why do they not respect the consumers rights , or their own consumer agreements, or have good customer service, does anyone know what else can be done to get this resolved ?

Foam_spacer_Missing.jpg

One Connect Box on delivery no 1.jpg

One Connect Box on delivery no 2.jpg

OneConnect on TV_delivery 2.jpg

Protruding Screws1.jpg

Protruding_screws_2.jpg

Side_Metal Bezel Damage.jpg

TV_Back_Panel_New_scratches on delivery no2.jpg

Please can you give us a chronology and also what the cost of the TV?

Does this mean that you currently don't have a TV?

• BankFodder changed the title to Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK

And also, do I gather they took away your television and brought back a different one?

Issue was raised on the 27th of August 2020, Curry's responded with a collection attempt on the 1st of September 2020.

The television was returned to me  on the 12th of September 2020.

The condition of the television was poor and lots of pieces were missing.

damage was incurred to poor handling and care.

TV given back the same day.

The same television with even more damage was returned to be with even more damage and now dead on arrival on the 15th of September.

The delivery driver left the property immediately and kept saying he was late he ran away in short.

I spent £3500 on the television , and I still don't currently have a working television or replacement from them.

And did you pay extra for the five year warranty or was it included?

Have you read what we have to say on extended warranties?

Welcome to the world of Currys/PC World and team know-how. These people are appalling at the customer service. I'm sure they have lots of satisfied customers but when they get it wrong – all they do is they grind their heels in and it seems to get personal. They spend more money on trying to deprive people of their consumer rights than they do providing a Rolls-Royce service.

I think that one of the problems is that Currys PC World is now by and large about the only place where you can get TVs and computers and white goods easily. They don't have a lot of competition and so therefore they abuse their dominant position.

I'm afraid that you better look forward to a bit of a fight – to the extent of sending a letter of claim and issuing the court papers. Generally speaking once the court papers are issued then they start to wake up and take you seriously. We find that their attitude is bullying in this respect.

What have they said now about your dead television?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work for the Dixions group and sold the warranty.

Most of the time things went fine. when the store was not hitting targets or was in slow time as in income such as the summer things went nasty.

if you read the warranty it is very clear that they will replace it with a similar product.

often used and abused.

so they give yours to someone else.

and theirs to you.

what you need to do is when you call them to speak with the management, decision makers and request a refund, credit or somehow replace your TV.

in the future. write all issues down so you have list of time spent on the phone, call outs etc.

it may take time.

you will get your money back.

NOW if you write to them use recoded delivery.

Emails count too.

towards the 45 or the 60 day resolution time.

Sorry i cant be specific.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The OP  seems to have disappeared

Hi All,

I bought the extended warranty , I'm awaiting Delivery of my "Repair" and I'm not so sure what to expect I'm filled with dread and anxiety over this whole process and I hate getting angry.

I did however instruct a law firm to take on my case pending delivery outcome and look forward to getting a bailiff to attend the office and recover the cost of the television, damages, costs and my wasted time.

Thanks all

On 25/09/2020 at 21:19, philmycoke said:

I used to work for the Dixions group and sold the warranty.

Most of the time things went fine. when the store was not hitting targets or was in slow time as in income such as the summer things went nasty.

if you read the warranty it is very clear that they will replace it with a similar product.

often used and abused.

so they give yours to someone else.

and theirs to you.

what you need to do is when you call them to speak with the management, decision makers and request a refund, credit or somehow replace your TV.

in the future. write all issues down so you have list of time spent on the phone, call outs etc.

it may take time.

you will get your money back.

NOW if you write to them use recoded delivery.

Emails count too.

towards the 45 or the 60 day resolution time.

Sorry i cant be specific.    

Is it best to go to the store and try and get the refund ?, as the customer service people never want to put me through to the decision makers on the phone. "Human shield"

Thanks for the information much appreciated