Ticket on the disabled..please advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone 1st time on the site and 1st post.

I received a ticket for parking beyond 4pm on a loading bay. The bay had exemption for disabled, which I am. I correctly displayed the blue badge. The ticket was issued from a camera. I mistakenly paid the ticket as I thought they were right but later discovered I had a general exemption for 3 hours during the whole of the time of enforcement. I have asked for my money back but TFL and the parking appeal service say that I accepted the fine and they can't do anything about it.!!!

In essence they made a mistake in issuing the ticket and I made a mistake in paying it.. stupid me!!!

I have heard about unfair charges legislation and wondered if it applied to the TFL tickets?

Any ideas everyone?

• 2 weeks later...

You need to take s summons out in the county court. issue a small claims and then watch the fun. i can give you the relevant wording if needed.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Usually Loading Bays do have exemptions for disabled drivers but only outside the hours the bay is used for loading.... for example, if there are yellow lines and kerb markings and a sign that says "No loading 10am-6pm", this means that outside these hours a disabled driver can park there - but during these hours they must not be there. Even if you parked 10 minutes before the loading ban is in force (in your case 4pm), you still have to be out by 4. Does that clarify things for you? Or have I made it as clear as mud?

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court