Campervan fault Marquis Motorhomes **They paid up under threat of legal action**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Latest repy from Marquis from the Dinnington branch general manager

Dear Mr Desnos

Autocruise Alto WA12CYH

I am sorry that you have had cause for complaint. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter.

I have carefully considered your complaint and propose the below.

In full and final settlement of all issues concerning the above mentioned vehicle that have been brought to the attention of, and discussed with Eddie Ruddy, I hereby agree to refund the amount of £120:

The offer is made on the basis of no admission of liability and in full and final settlement of all issues that have been raised since purchase. I would also like to make it clear that this is a one off gesture of goodwill and any future travel or outside contractor work will not be covered by Marquis South Yorkshire.

If you have not already done so can you please supply your bank details to Eddie Ruddy who will arrange for the transfer to be made on Monday upon his return to the office.

I trust our response and offer fully resolves your complaint and we wish you many happy travels in your Autocruise Alto.

Your Sincerely

Please remind me, does this still leave you out of pocket or does this take care of everything?

In terms of their remarks relating to future travel costs or outside contractor work, – you can ignore it. If they don't step up to the mark then you are still protected by your consumer rights. They are unable to contract out of them – especially because they say that the claimant is a gesture of goodwill

I would simply provide them with your bank details. I don't see there is any need for any further comment. Let's hope that if you have any further problems that they remember that you will stand up to them.

Simply say "here are my bank details".

If you have any further problems with the van then you have got an idea of the approach – and of course make sure you come here

By the way, once the money is in your account, I suggest that you spread the word around all the relevant forums and trust boiler et cetera so that people understand that they are able to stand up for themselves.

I expect that there are a lot of people who simply accept their fate – when there isn't any need to.

Of course you can suggest that people come here for help

I'm pleased to say that we received the payment into my bank yesterday. Didn't take them long did it once they made their mind up.

I can't thank you enough for your help with this.I will be recommending CAG.

I thought you might be interested in reading the email I've attached. I got an email from Eddie Ruddy concerning the bank statement but I think he missed that he was forwarding his email to the accounts department. Made me smile.

Thanks again.

Sent: 05 October 2020 10:14
Subject: FW: Autocruise Alto WA12CYH

Morning Ang 

I need to get a payment request form sorted basically wanted to reject van massive battle. Was potentially going to go on and on court etc etc

Anyway I am struggling to get a bank statement need to pay him £541.42, £421.42 we will get back from Truma

Any thoughts

Regards

• Haha 1

Well done – and thanks for this email which you posted up for us.

It shows that they are a bunch of bullies – and by and large they take advantage of the fact that the issues are generally speaking worth far more than the small claims limit a bit of extra muscle to intimidate people.

Because your case was for issues much less than the small claims limit, it gave you the upper hand and it gave you the muscle that you needed.

I'm sure they are fully aware of their consumer rights obligations that they decide to try and face it out for as long as they can.

Yes, do let other people have got similar problems know that we can offer some help and that all our help is completely free – although a donation or two to help us with our expenses, never goes amiss!

• Thanks 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Campervan fault Marquis Motorhomes **They paid up under threat of legal action**