Ali M V The Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good for you! That's the Prelim your sending. Make sure it goes recorded because the little darlings at Trinity Road have a habit of 'losing' letters!

Also make sure to enclose your schedule of charges WITHOUT the interest (just the first three columns)

Any probs - shout!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

No!

For now forget all about interest, you're a month away from court and that's when you even begin to worry about it!

This is one of the reasons we all think the banks are loopy! They would save over a grand in my case if they just gave me it back rather than pay court fees plus interest.

If you post today I reckon the date for your LBA is 16/12 regardless of what they send you (apart from a full refund of course)

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

Got standard letter from Halifax yesterday, saying they had received my letter on the 14th December and they will take 40 days to get back to me. I dont think so, I posted that on the 1st December recorded the latest they would have had it would have been the 4th :rolleyes:. Anyway they got my LBA yesterday as I did a track and trace on the post office site. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, got a phone call this morning from the Halifax, offering me 500 out of my 1000 and got a load of talk about trading standard etc etc from them, said no, could they put the offer in writing and I would take it further, she asked me what I would take, said the full amount as I wanted to get rid of the overdraft and have money in the bank so I did not get charged again, she said ok I can have the full amount but if my account ever went overdrawn again they would close my account :eek::D Waiting for paperwork to come through now, then send it back and get my money back.

Just a note as its quite scary when they ring you, do not cave and accept the offer they give, stand firm, I'm glad I did. :D

Hi, got a phone call this morning from the Halifax, offering me 500 out of my 1500 and got a load of talk about trading standard etc etc from them, said no, could they put the offer in writing and I would take it further, she asked me what I would take, said the full amount as I wanted to get rid of the overdraft and have money in the bank so I did not get charged again, she said ok I can have the full amount but if my account ever went overdrawn again they would close my account :eek::D Waiting for paperwork to come through now, then send it back and get my money back.

Just a note as its quite scary when they ring you, do not cave and accept the offer they give, stand firm, I'm glad I did. :D

Will post again when money is in my bank account

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Can I just ask once you have made a claim and have got the money back can you make another one for the charges you have incurred scince your first claim?

Yes however please be aware they are more likely to close your account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Have you recieved the full amount yet?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I have received nothing yet, I sent the signed form back before new year they should have got it on the 3rd, they have just taken 200 out of my account in charges in the last week because I went overdrawn by £3 I have no money going into my account until next friday so the whole 1500 they are paying me back will go back to them at this rate. I rang them last night and again this morning and the department I need to speak to only work 9 - 5 monday to friday so they can not help me, I have just started a new job and do not want to receive call at work so am now waiting for a letter to tell me what is going on, new account forms will be got from Lloyds today. :D

I have received nothing yet, I sent the signed form back before new year they should have got it on the 3rd, they have just taken 200 out of my account in charges in the last week because I went overdrawn by £3 I have no money going into my account until next friday so the whole 1500 they are paying me back will go back to them at this rate. I rang them last night and again this morning and the department I need to speak to only work 9 - 5 monday to friday so they can not help me, I have just started a new job and do not want to receive call at work so am now waiting for a letter to tell me what is going on, new account forms will be got from Lloyds today. :D

Have you had a letter confirming the offer in full?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.