• Tweets

• Is there a reason they took so long to send the PCN? The car was on hire or a change of address perhaps. As they have not claimed to be using POFA it is important that you do not reveal the identity of the driver. No POFA means they cannot pursue the keeper so just ignore everything from them and their unregulated debt collectors and ignorant second rate solicitors. [Sorry that was a slur on second rate solicitors].  Just ignore them all. To go to Court they need the name and address of the driver so if you ignore them there is no chance they will find out. While that does mean that you are not liable to pay them a penny they won't look at it like that and pretend that you do owe them-probably escalating the bill every time they write. This works in your favour as the most that they can ask is the amount on their signage but they always seem to want to overcharge which gets them a slap.  All you have to do is let us know if they stupidly decide to send you a Letter of Claim [it's probably more greed than stupidity but they do both of them so well it is hard to know which one it is.]. If you do get an LBC come back to us so we will give them a snotty reply which may be enough to see them off. In the meantime go on with your life safe in the knowledge that you owe them nothing and there is nothing they can do to change that.
    • I must confess to not even thinking about telling them, especially since I haven't heard anything from them for years, they weren't on my to contact list.   I always come here for advice before I reply and I am certainly not paying anyone unless I have too ( 1 ccj is being paid at £1 a month)    Since getting my head out of the sand I have been very careful on keeping all letters and taking advice before I respond and keeping copies of all correspondence.        
    • images/posts removed . please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post . read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only . that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them . else anyone can see them caggers or not.     ... also please just type. there is no need to hit quote each time you post.   ........   this is getting to look better for you. but i cant see how just because you collected the car, by default you have to pay to return it... does work like that under contract cancellation as you know.   dx      
    • you must always inform any debt owners of a change of address in writing by royal mail     as for your other accounts being managed by cabot.. i hope you are not blindly paying them anything without checking enforceability first? else this could explain whats going on..they want to mug you on this debt too!    
    • Perry Mason, Honeybee? My  grandmother used to tell me about him.😀   Honeybee is right-it is very informal-no wigs and no hangman's cap. You refer to the Judge as Sir or Madam and they will be in suits as you should be too, plus wearing a tie. Do not interrupt the Judge and always be polite to the Judge.   If Yasmeen does not appear suggest to the Judge that it would be unfair that their brief is allowed to cross examine you since you have been denied the chance to cross examine her and there were many things that required examination in her WS.   Try not to gloat at the end. Good luck.   Do not forget to claim your expenses-time off work, travel, parking and £19 per hour  legal work.
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Jbl soundbar faulty

HI All 

I have a JBL 2.0 all in one sounder that's powering itself off, so I will ring the support team however this is the second one I had as the first was replaced under warranty as faulty. My question is the replacement is now 3 months old and faulty can I ask for a refund as there is a new model. out now and unless they can send me the latest I dont want the same again.

Where and when did you buy the soundbars.

How soon does this power-off and is it doing so when in use, or when left unused for a while.

Has this 2nd one suffered from the same fault as the first.

If not, please give us info about the first fault.

Edited by slick132
added extra Q

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick132

Its doing it most night whilst watching tv, just powers off and comes back on ok when the power button pressed. 

The first issue was  a known problem with muting and usually a software update fixes it but it did not with my first unit I sent it back and received this repalcement, it didn't fix my muting issues now I put up with it but the last 2 weeks its powering itself off 

Hi Redcar,

This was my first Q above - Where and when did you buy the soundbars.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Also some JBL speakers have a power saving feature that automatically senses when there's no sound coming through, and shuts off accordingly. ... A more clever hack is to turn your speaker volume way down, but let the device volume of your audio source turned up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think you might be best off trying it with this

• Like 1