Acknowledged

Lig24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had and sent back my AQ I am now waiting for a listing date - which I was advised I should have within the next 10 days - what happens after that - is that when I begin the preparation of my Court Bundle?

Yes. Wait to see what the date is: if it's a while in the future, take it easy. there may be updates to the standard bundle as we go along. Use the time to familiarise yourself with it and to identify the parts you actually want to use.

The reality is, of course, that it's extremely unlikely to get that far but it's as wel to be prepared.

And it helps these long winter evenings to pass more quickly.:-D

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to send the Court Bundle back straight away? Is that not right if my case if not until June surely that means Natwest will string it out until the very end to settle. By that time I shall be bankrupt!!!

Lig 24 :p

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

50% offer made 3.1.07 - declined 5.1.07

Paid in full February 2007!!!!!

I'm in a similar situation with a court hearing of 5th April.

Hope settlement comes before that though. May need help on the bundle but will leave it til nearer the deadline before I run around getting everything together. :rolleyes:

I guess the courts must be getting clogged up with these things. It is just so frustrating I have come this far and there are still obstacles in my way. Kinda hoping that once Cobbetts received the Court date it might push them into making me another settlement offer or by some way of a miracle just settle it then and there.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

I'm hoping that too! It seems quite a lot of us have hit this temporary stop, maybe thats why Nastywest are paying up so quickly now? I think this is the worst bit in the whole process so far, at least with everything else previously you had a deadline to aim for, now its just a case (no pun intended!) of wait and see what happens. Good luck x

• 2 weeks later...

I WON!!!!!!

Went home the other day and there was my cheque for full amount with the usual letter or how they believe they would win but the legal costs will outweigh the outcome and so for striclty commercial reasons they will settle my claim.

What a relief. Now just waiting for the cheque to clear. Donation will follow shortly.

I would just like to thank everyone for their help and encouragement and would urge anyone to stick with it as you will get a result in the end!!!!

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

COngratulations, Lig, you lucky, lucky so-and-so.

I'm still waiting for a communication from Cobbetts. A reply to my CPR Part 18 request would be nice. A cheque would be nicer. A full settlement, without conditions and a grovelling apology would be nicer still.

(If anyone from Cobbetts is reading this, I will negotiate on the grovelling apology bit)

Yours increasingly frustratedly

Westy

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

I am still smiling now - I really can't believe it.

Hang in there they will pay up in the end!!!

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Lig24,

GREAT NEWS :D Well done another win for us, and another lose for them.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

CONGRATULATIONS LIG

YOU GOT THERE IN THE END!!

ENJOY THE DOSH!!

:D :D :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

I don't believe Natwest no sooner am I celebrating my win, yet they are still putting charges on my account. Call me petty but should I call them and tell them I am perfectly willing to go through all this again unless they remove them. £76 may not be a lot considering that I just won but it is the principal now.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Lig24,

Be fair Lig they have got to get their money back from somewhere. :rolleyes: Only joking.

You won this battle but not the war unfortunately. Nat west computers will still be programed to take their charges i am afraid. Why don't you write to them questioning

the new charges, because if they don't refund. You may have to go through the whole process again. Don't forget you have a legal right to challenge those charges

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I think I will call them later and say I have just resolved a dispute with you about these kind of charges and don't wish to have to start the whole process again. Please reconsider these charges before I take any further action and see what sort of response I get. REally need to close this account now as I have totally had enough of them.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Lig24,

I definately think you need to close the account if you have an alternative account to use. If after you have called them and you don't get any satisfaction. Then what's the harm in sending Mr. Higgers a nice LBA . It can't do any harm, and at the moment NWseem to be offering settlements quite soon after receiving LBA. It is a small amount compared to most . Go for it and push your luck . ;)

CONGRATULATIONS, LIG!!!

A phone call may sort this one out. And it's not just the principle:rolleyes:, it's £76.

Yeh, maybe you will have to use an alternative account but you may not wish to stick with NatWest anyway.

I don't.

Westy

Westy

Sod it gonna call them and give their lending department some stick feel like annoying someone today so it may as well be natwest!!!

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

my thoughts exactly.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

stupid little twerp on the phone wouldn't listen. I think I am gonna send an LBA to the Head Office and ask for the charges back since I started by claim as they total nearly £400 as well - that place will not get another penny out of me if it kills me!!!! Cheque is now cashed and I still haven't sent the discontinuance back so am still within my rights to ask for the rest of my cash back. Grrr hate banks so much!!!

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Lig 24

Calm down or it might kill you, and you DON'T want Nat West to get away with your lolly. So back to plan (b), LBA to Mr. STUART HIGLEY, Ground floor, National Westminster house, 225, Shenley Road. Borehamwood, WD6 1TE.

Understand how you feel, Lig - they're really irritating, aren't they?

HOWEVER - the nearly £400-odd they've charged you since the proceedings began isn't part of this claim. You should send your discontinuance letter off, as the claim has been settled. The £400 is a new issue, I'm afraid, so you're not 'within your rights to ask for the rest' of your money back - it's not part of the same thing. Sorry.

Following the course of action you propose would put you in the wrong and could prejudice any further claims you want to make in the future.

Looking on the bright side, your success may encourage them to settle sooner. Go straight to a slightly-modifed LBA - I would.

Westy

Westy

Congrats Westy - only just noticed your claim is settled.

I understand what you are saying and I think a modified LBA would be adviseable. THink they might close my account this time round so in the process os opening a new one far, far away from Nasty Natwest.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Sent a letter to Mr Higley today requested the rest of my charges back - worth a try anyway.

Claiming £3,000

Claim filed 16.11.06

Acknowledged 29.11.06

Defence filed 19.12.06

Always.

And thanks for your congrats - I'm checking my a/c online every day for the moment when the cheque clears!!:rolleyes:

Westy

Westy