Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Any time limits AZ might spout are simply arbitrary, the ONLY thing you need to be doing is informing them ''in writing'' of your new address.   Also ensure your CRF is updated and showing your correct address also.   When you send AZ the letter which needs only to be one line......   Sir/madam.   My current address is No.1 Mickey mouse street blah blah blah, please update your records accordingly.   Regards   And obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the po counter, send it 2nd class post.
    • @Andyorchnot what I have seen as all parties have signed for Sponser to be100% liable for fees.   @dx100ukthats what I thought it sounds like to be fair.
    • During that time my credit rating was shot yeah.    I got caught in a cycle of small payday loans with Sunny. I had an arrangement to pay with the company sunny sold the loans to.    I put in a irresponsible lending complaint and about 2 years later I won this and sunny paid me back a large chunk of what they loaned me. (had the choice to deny and push for more, but looking at it now I did the right thing)   I remember  going for the 118 loan at the time and was amazed I got it.  Then when I paid for a good 6-8months on the 118 loan I got offered the "loan top up" for another £1500. Which I of course I took 🙄.  I eventually got the total owing down to 2k (which is now 3.2k with AZ) but then ran into payment problems.    To answer your other question I have not paid any other DCA any monies.  Right now this 118 debt is the only debt I have.    Surely if I dont act quickly the likelyhood of the pushing  a CCJ is greater? Or do you believe because the debt is "toxic" that it wouldn't get that far?    Thanks again for your help. You wouldn't believe how much you have calmed my anxiety and stress. 
    • Allegedly ......Well thats something for you to address within your statement backed up by evidence by way of exhibits...I have had to edit your previous post referring to this amongst other remarks please refrain from making these statements within your posts and putting the forum at potential risk of liable remarks.
    • Yes she is the sole owner of the house.   swift are horrific, they are so horrid and I am desperate to help her in any way!    I will get these forms completed and I am prepared to battle and fight if needed.    thanks so much talk soon. 
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

Damp from next door property causing damage to my property...what to do?

Recommended Posts

Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend. The property next door to him in un-occupied and various failures of the guttering and other issues has caused damp to develop and is now causing damage to his property, a large floor to ceiling crack in the wall adjoining being one of them.  He has had an official survey at his expense confirming the neglect has caused damage. The council are slow to act and are saying they dont have clear evidence despite a survey being done. He has contacted the owner by phone who states he does not have the money to correct the issues but obviously they will worsen causing further damage to his and the adjoining property, the property also looks an eyesore in the nice close its located.


Any advice how he should proceed with this would be well received.


Thanks in advance.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The owner of the property is obliged to have third party insurance so one of the first things you should ask – in writing – is details of their insurer. If it turns out they don't have insurance then this is certainly something that you should inform the council about.

Also I would say that you should tell the council that you are beginning a formal complaint to the local authority ombudsman. It may help to put pressure.

Do you know where the owner actually lives?

Also, assuming that the property in question belongs to that person, then it is an asset and you could eventually enforce against that although it would be complicated having to get an order for sale.

Have you must have an estimate of what it will all cost to have the source of the damp repaired and also damage to your property repaired?

Edited by BankFodder
Not obliged to have insurance
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I've just checked. In fact property third party liability insurance is not compulsory.

Do you know if the house belongs to the person out right or is it under a mortgage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes my friend knows the address of the owner, I will check if he has any estimate of the damage, 


Thanks for your responses ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should also doublecheck the ownership of each property by doing a search on the land registry web search website


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more info for this case from the owner of the property affected.....


I already have a surveyor's report that clearly states the problems are due to rainwater overflowing from his defective gutters causing the clay sub-base to expand and contract, leading to movement in the foundations.  This has in turn fractured the damp proof course and caused the vertical crack in my dining room wall.
The report concludes that the remedy is:
1) replacement of next door's gutters
2) removal of plaster from my wall, injection of a new damp proof course and redecoration to be paid for by the owner of number 2.
The  council environmental health officer has sent me a summary of her visit that confirmed the council would not be taking on the case because they need a higher burden of proof.  She has referred the issue to the council's Planning Enforcement Team and contacted the Empty Homes Officer for an update.  I was advised to raise the problem with the council's Building Control Department.
The only course of action seems to be a civil case.  My surveyor recommended a solicitor.  


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...