Stufortash vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, This is my first time posting on here and I was really after advice to see what we do next. I received a letter from Halifax saying they will only offer us £368 out of the £1,360 they owe us including 8% interest added. We sent a LBA to them on Saturday giving them 7 days to respond. What do we do if they dont respond? How likely are they to settle with us as it seems that most people here have had to take them to a small claims court, has anyone successfully claimed back their money without having to go this far? I am heavily pregnant so really dont need the stress of going to court so I hope they make us a full settlement. I just cant understand why they let it go so far when they always end up paying out, Abbey paid out straight away in full! Any advice would be greatly received!TIATasha

Hiya

I think most people on here pushed further - after they received unreasonable settlements from Halifax. In your case for example, I would say that the offer from them was unreasonable, so you should push further for what is yours.

Dont despair, follow it all the way through. Dont let them stress you out either. Fight to the end for what is rightfully yours. Take your time, read lots on here - especially other cases.

I was offered £318 out of £408 they owed me, that to me, was a reasonable offer.

Goodluck.

17 November - Prelimanary letter

25 November - Confirmation of receipt from Halifax

29 November - letter from Halifax Goodwill gesture £318 out of £408 (original claim).

6 December - Rejection/LBA Letter sent

18 December Halifax letter offering £408

18 December - MCOL completed - claiming interest and costs £523

28 December - Won! Money in account!

Hi, Did you use the LBA template from the library on here?

If you did then it gives them 14 days to respond which is the 'reasonable' length of time. If not remember to at least allow a 'reasonable' time for postage and receipt.

Anyway, filing a MCOL (the on line court papers) is about as stressful as replying to this post. It's a doddle. All the advice you need is around including templates of the info to type in.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

You can actually practise doing it without submitting it! I did it a couple of times. Sad I know but I wanted to make sure I got it right! Beginning to have doubts now though! Everyone seems to be getting paid but me!!

As far as I am aware only one person has actually had to go to court as they always seem to fold at the last minute to keep their 'secrets' secret!

If there's anything else just let us know.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.