@ValueDoorsUK - Faulty doors supplied- what next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We’ve paid a lot of money for some Patio doors to be made. Each step of the way they have been wrong.
We are now stuck with frames with no glass in and glass panels that should be in them sat in our kitchen. When fitted the doors won’t open so we can’t fit them. 
we have asked multiple times for the complaint procedures and have been assured that if we do XYZ they will be fine and each time they are not. 
what is the next step? We have the product here but it’s not fit for purpose and the company don’t seem to be planning to do anything about it despite empty promises. 

how did you pay for them?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We paid half credit, half debit. 
I am aware you can ask for a charge back - would that be the next step?
And are we likely to be successful if we have the frames and glass sat here (separately)- albeit useless? 

You might also like to tell us the name of the supplier – unless you prefer to protect them

if you mean credit card then go for a section 75 against the card issuer might be best idea

items not fit for purpose.

as long as you part paid by a credit card they are liable for the whole sum inc sometimes consequential losses and expenses.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your replies, sorry for the slow reply I was working. 
They are a company called just Value Doors UK - https://www.valuedoors.co.uk/- after having tried to get this resolved for the last 2 months I have no interest in protecting them now! 
I’ve got two huge slabs of glass propped up in my kitchen so just praying they don’t fall! 

We paid about half credit card, half debit. 
I’ll look into section 75 thanks- they really aren’t fit for purpose if they don’t open when fully put together! 

• Like 1

and they

Thanks for that link. So if we try for this charge back theres a strong chance they may reverse it and leave us in a long drawn process? Would we be expected to do something with the product left behind? 

We have emails back and forth of us asking for things to be rectified but they have denied there is issue each time until we reply with photo proof that it doesnt fit each time. Then they send something else and claim it works until we go back around in circles to prove that it still doesnt work.

Im worried if we go down this route we'd end up still with no money and still no patio doors.

Would we be better going to claims court? The value of goods is between £6000-7000

Not chargeback!!

Section 75

You tell them what you want done to resolve it.

and they

Sorry I got the two confused (I did read the link, i promise!) 

We have told them what we want- the product we ordered! They just dont seem interested in helping (I suspect its been an expensive screw up somewhere along the line and it'll cost them to rectify).

I'm going to re read the section 75 info again now Im sat down as clearly I didnt take the info on board properly yet. Thanks again! 

section 75 is against your BANK

nothing to do with the retailer

• Thanks 1

and they

Thanks, I had got the two confused so have spent a little while reading the section 75 and agree it should suit our circumstances.

Thanks for your help and patience! 

Im going to see If the retailer bother to call tomorrow (13 weeks since our order that should have been 2-3 weeks). 
Failing a decent response I’ll get onto the bank by the end of the week. 

You have been a great help 😊

• BankFodder changed the title to @ValueDoorsUK - Faulty doors supplied- what next?

So today this is our response with a suggested resolution, to my mind it’s admitting that we have been mis sold and so in actual fact we are entitled to our full amount of money back either through them or via a section 75 is that correct? 

After thoroughly looking into your order, what has been ordered exactly and how, it is quite clear that you should not have been supplied blinds with your doors due to the size.

We do apologise for this obvious error. If the doors were smaller we could have supplied 28mm glass with blinds. As it is due to the size and the fact you wanted blinds with it, the mechanism and glass type are not compatible with your doors.

Going forward we of course want to rectify this issue for you so would be offering the following options:

1 - You can keep the glass you have, have the blinds all the way up and remove the mechanism completely so the doors can slide. We would then refund you the cost for the blinds.

2 - We can look to replace the glass at 28mm, clear and no blinds at all but note we would not look to cover cost for fitting these for you as it is a supply only order”