Athena ANPR PCN - 10mins overstay - Lidl Hayes Botwell lane, Botwell lane , Hayes ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recently received a Parking Charge Notice from Athena ANPR Ltd for overstaying at their car parks by 10 mins and 4 seconds. I was shopping there all the time ( I have receipts) and was the only shop I visited while there. I spent over  £85 while there and even opened the Lidl plus account.  

I believe it took me about 15 mins to set up the Lidl plus account while there and I was being helped by the kind security person there. He was helping me and explaining the benefits of it and i guess that was another reason for the delay. 

Can someone please advise me how to overturn this. 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

04/09/20

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

08/09/20

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received

10/09/20

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of

Yes (time of entry and exit)

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Not Applicable 

7 Who is the parking company?

Athena ANPR Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Lidl Hayes Botwell lane, Botwell lane , Hayes

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Give answer here

• dx100uk changed the title to Athena ANPR PCN - 10mins overstay - Lidl Hayes Botwell lane, Botwell lane , Hayes

there is a minimum of 10 mins grace period, there is no maximum.

sit on your hands for now await if/when you get a letter of claim

do NOT appeal.

however if you read these threads:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=Athena ANPR PCN - 10mins overstay - Lidl &oq=Athena ANPR PCN - 10mins overstay - Lidl &gs_l=partner-generic.12...71331.75810.1.77310.41.22.0.0.0.10.131.1425.21j1.22.0.csems%2Cnrl%3D13...0.5751j8150849j8j7...1.34.partner-generic..42.0.0.rTDMjLwuEUA

you'll see that pestering lidls might get it cancelled

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your advise, but don't u think if i just sit by ,they are going to be sending me more threatening letters.

I would rather sort it out before it goes to that stage.

I do appreciate your help.

Thanks

So what..

read those threads or any threads on private speculative invoices

no you do not appeal to Athena

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx is spot on.

The most productive thing you can do is to get on to Lidl (the head office, not the local branch).  We have had quite a few successes on the forum recently with motorists getting these invoices cancelled in that way.  Expect to be fobbed off initially, but don't take no for an answer.  Point out that you were a genuine customer and only "overstayed" because you were spending loads of dosh and opening a Lidl plus account! 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

scan up to ONE multipage PDF Bothside of the NTK too please 

as asked in our sticky.

read our upload guide carefully

dx

and they

You left your registration number and PCN number showing.  I've redacted them and converted to PDF so only registered Caggers can see the upload.  Best to keep the fleecers guessing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

27 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

You left your registration number and PCN number showing.  I've redacted them and converted to PDF so only registered Caggers can see the upload.  Best to keep the fleecers 

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated. I have written to Lidl head office and will update when I get reply. 

• Like 1

Hello Caggers,

Just updating 

I have recently received an email from Lidl  Customer services that they can't do anything about it , and I have to appeal to Athena.

I have already emailed them back saying I'm appalled by their response and I'm not going to appeal or pay the fine. 

20200920_092042.jpg

• Thanks 1

Did you write to the CEO ([email protected])? I am waiting to hear back. Did you write to head office through their website or to a direct email address? TIA

I’ve been hearing this approach seems to work, will keep you updated if I get a reply, Mine is virtually the same situation as yours.

I had written to the London area lidl manager Mike Devine.  Do u think I should send it to Lidl CEO now that CEO' s email is being shared.  I was trying to find his email. Thanks for sharing it. 

I had also written [email protected] 

The response was from Customer services. I had to wait for 4 -5 days for their response. 

it is not a fine!

dx

• Like 1

and they

Ennis, you are a godsend to this site!  Thanks for looking up the CEO's address and sharing it with others in a similar position.

Recently quite a few motorists who came to the site have got Lidl to cancel the tickets.  The pattern seemed to be

- first e-mail, Lidl fobs the motorist off, but

- when the motorists insists Lidl then cancel the ticket.

What a load of drivel from customer services.  Of course they can't appeal on someone's behalf, but that's not what you asked.  Lidl have employed Athena to infest their car parks, therefore it is Lidl's responsibility to sort out the mess they've created.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Caggers,

I appreciate all the help so far.

So I have an update on my parking charge notice. I have received an overdue reminder saying I haven't paid or appealed for my PCN. And now under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 I'm liable for full parking charge which I must pay within 14 days or they will transfer case to debt collectors

Can someone please advise me what should be my next step. Thanks 

Did you write to the CEO?  About a fortnight ago there were three victories in a few days against Athena through taking that route.

"Debt collectors" sounds scary.  Er, until you realise that they are an uninterested third party and have absolutely no power to do anything.  That's not very scary!  So relax and ignore such an idiotic threat from Athena. 

Edited by FTMDave

The CEO's e-mail address is in post 11: [email protected]

Get on to the CEO today - such a strategy works!

More than one way to skin a cat..

If LIDL continue with their customer diservice, then you can guarantee the local authority won't have any record of planning permission for the signs and cameras that Athena have nailed up, then there is the question of who allowed them to change the parking limit from 3 hours to one and a half?

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, after sending email to the CEO, I received this response from them today. But my concern is that they are not confirming that they are going to cancel the charge , but they are goin to appeal on my behalf. Do you  think it's wise to provide my details. Email is attached to this 2040094390_Screenshot_20201015-165014_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.2e68e7bcd96bab9635e33baf912ef657.jpg

• Like 1

I think you'll be fine, just this Pete Wilson has mixed his words up.

The PPCs don't allow somone to appeal on behalf of someone else.

I reckon he means he's going to get it cancelled.

However, wait a minute while I have a look in other recent Lidl success threads.

• Like 1