Overpaid... But Question..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I was overpaid this month because the company i work for accidently gave me a Car Allowance. 

On payday - I immediately paid back the Net amount in agreeance with the Payroll Team. However I fear that the company will make a further deduction for the Gross Amount minus what I've paid. 

Can someone give me an idea if the above will happen? 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Depends what you have actually done and what you mean by:

1 hour ago, fkofilee said:

On payday - I immediately paid back the Net amount in agreeance with the Payroll Team.

How did you pay the net amount back?  Unless your payroll uses what is sometimes known as a "supplementary pay run" (an extra pay run after the usual monthly one to correct errors etc) I don't see how you could have paid the money back via payroll (which is how it should have been done) before the following month's pay run.

What you should have done (sorry - I know... ) is informed your payroll team of the error and told them that they could recover it the following month.  Then net pay, tax, NI, pension etc would all be automatically corrected by the payroll system the following month - nothing to worry about (usually).

But if you've paid it back outside the payroll system (eg cash or cheque) you may have inadvertantly caused more problems for yourself.  Modern payroll systems aren't really designed to accommodate those sorts of adjustments, and will usually require some sort of manual intervention by one of the pay clerks to correct the payroll.  That's when you need to hope they get their calculations correct...

Having said that - if you did pay it back by cash or cheque "with the agreement of the payroll team", then presumably they know enough to sort it out properly, otherwise they would have told you not to do that.

If I were you I'd contact your payroll team again and confirm with them that everything is OK and that you will be paid correctly the following month with no additional deductions because you have "already paid back the overpayment".  (Choose your own appropriate wording as I don't know how you paid it back).

And, obviously, check next months pay!

I sent it back to an account via FP... With confirmation from the payroll team. (Small company... 100 employees, 1 or 2 people from payroll) 😉

They said they would intervene which is fine and they have noted it for next Payroll run. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Spoke to the person today - All good. On my payslip it will show the deduction accordingly but it wont actually be deducted. 

They will counter it with what was paid. 

So deduction will be made at Gross Level for Gross Amount and not Gross @ Net amount! 

Rock on!

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis