Hello!!

docannie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, I'm a newbie & just about to send the 1st letters to the Halifax for both myself & my partner. It's good knowing that you're all here offering support & sharing your experiences, it does seem quite daunting taking on a big financial institution but many of you have done just that & won!! I'll keep you updated as to how we go on, wish us luck!!

Hello Team

Welcome to the site where you get to fight back and reclaim what is rightfully yours. You must read , read , read this site over and over.

When you are ready to make a start, send a letter to the Halifax asking for an S.A.R. ( Subject Access Request ). This is a request for all data held by them on you and your account statements etc.

It will cost £10 in total for the information, so send them a cheque for that amount. They may not cash the cheque. Send your letters by recorded delivery. They have 40 days to comply with your request.

When you receive your statements go through them and highlight the charges. Put them on the spreadsheet which could be found on this site.

Then you send another letter asking for the charges back plus any interest. All of the letters you need are on this site under Bank Templates Library. There are some links below to assist you both. Good luck and get it back. There is always help around. Please start your own thread under the Halifax forum so that we can easily answer your questions.

Uk...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers