The_Badger V Barclays

The_Badger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having followed StevieT's progress I thought I'd start my own thread.

Filing my Claim in court tommorrow. Claiming £700 in charges and contractual interest over the last 6 years.

Barclays didn't ask for £10 for my SAR request but sent me printout copies of the microfiche account records free from when I opened the account (big envelope!).

Since then they have denied the claim twice then offered £200 - which I politely declined.

The contractual 8% interest: I wrote my own spreadsheet to work everything out from this - just added the amounts and dates charges where taken, the date the claim was filed in court and any costs. Then you just stick in the date you are producing a statement for and it works out all the interest, the daily rate etc.

If anyone wants a copy its an excel spreadsheet and I'll gladly make it available - anything to help you against Barclays!

Anyway I'll update this as I hear more.

The Badger

Right 9:50 Court opens at 10 - off to file my claim against Barclays and one against Natwest for my joint account.

Despite the knowledge of how much delaying and obfiscating barclays will try this is still going to feel good! Somehow feels empowering to sue my bank!

:0)

Filed both my Barclays and Natwest claims yesterday - will be sending an SAR to the student loans co. today as it seems their charges are also covered by the law.

For anyone using the paper N1 version of things the cheque for the court fees should be made payable to: "HM Court Service"

The Badger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Badger,

Good for you for going after them! Looks like you need someone to respond to your thread so you don't get lonely! Thanks for taking an interest in mine... still hoping for a happy ending, but your words on Sharpblue's thread were just what I needed!

Cheers, and good luck with it,

Steve

Cheers Steve

Just waiting for them to either acknowledge the claim or pay up - thye have till Thursday, first thing on Friday I will be at the court with a request for judegement if they don't file a response in time.

Not far to go now!

The Badger

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Send it as soon as you are happy that it is complete

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

• 4 weeks later...

Just done the pagination and baring any last min letters I have to send my court bundle is 276 pages!

3 copies of that is going to bankrupt me! good job I'm claiming the costs back but still - its really annoying knowing the barstewards are going to settle at the last minute and it'll have been pointless waste of time.

grrr... just pay up barclays!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, took a while but got there in the end. Should be filing my N1 next week tusday. So should hopefully have my money before Christmas ;)

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted