Me V HSBC Old Acc

bp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Sent S.A.R a while ago on an old closed acc and HSBC have sent me back my cheque stating they "Do not maintain records over 6 years" is this correct? has anyone else on this site got their statements that far back pre-2000? HSBC are also "Unable to confirm the date and method of destruction of the data."

Any ideals where i go from here?

Any help will be appreciated

This is the letter i'm about to send out so if anyone has any pointers please help.

Thanks

Dear Mr Langdale,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 26 October.

As you have stated that HSBC does not hold information over six years old, can you please confirm that this is standard policy whereby ALL information on customer accounts and loans are destroyed after six years?

You have also stated that you could not confirm the method nor the date of destruction of my data, can you please explain how you can be sure that my data has been destroyed if you do not know how this was achieved?

At this point I would also like to inform you that I was recently contact by Lowell Financial who claimed that HSBC were a client of theirs and they had been instructed by you to pursue me for a debt of £714.84.

If as stated, you do not hold data over six years, can you advise me as to how you could be sure I was the correct debtor and from where you obtained my details in order to pass them onto the Debt Collection Agency?

Your speedy but full clarification of the above points would be much appreciated.