Dues v First Direct

cash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Finally worked out this thread system. I started the ball rolling 30.10.06 with an S.A.R. to FirstDirect re: current account and credit card. I received a letter from FD on 31.10 with cheques returned and advising they'll send the statements and notes. To date nothing :mad:. It's taken me awhile to build up the courage thus far, now the battle has begun before I've even seen my statements! Has anyone else had this problem with delayed statements?

Anymore advice would be appreciated.

:confused:

My statements from FD took over 30 days... don't panic, they have 40 days so if you sent the SAR on 30/10, they have another week or so. Might be worth calling them a couple of days before to remind them, this lot are at least well aware of their obligations.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

Hi Androobe

You were right! The statements and paperwork arrived today. I'm just sifting through the 6 inch thick paperwork...£1388 so far:-x I'll keep you updated. All the best with your MCOL...you'll get it back:)

Hi All

As I wade through my statements and notes, I'm not clear as to whether I can claim the interest (charged per month) as well as the Overdraft Fee/Excess Overdraft Fee/Charge Unpaid Items? Please advise:rolleyes:

I would claim interest (or should I say, I DID claim interest). This is the stumbling block for me, they say they've been very reasonable in what they offered, why should they offer interest. You CAN'T claim all the interest they charged you if you were overdrawn anyway, but you can claim interest on the charges. Some people are trying to work out exactly how much of the interest was on charges - what I am doing is taking the lowest APR they have charged me (in my case 10%), and charging this on all the charges from the day they were incurred until now. This would also demonstrate to a court that you have been reasonable. You can use the simple spreadsheets available that way, and change the 8% calculation to whatever you like as so:

change the 0.00022 to 0.0000275 x APR required

What you can't do is charge the statutory 8% interest before you file with the court. Hope that makes sense. As soon as I have the result from First Direct that I'm looking for, I will share it with the forum - far too many people are losing out.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10