@evansclothing - Evans Retail Limited refusing refund – In desperate need of help

Jennyripper1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m in desperate need of help I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal then returned them all seven days later I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came so I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case so PayPal closed it evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute so I contacted PayPal they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund fast forward to today I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them I’ve also contacted their customer service too and all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open I have proved that the dispute is closed I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund . I have sent them a letter before court email I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted ! I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ! I suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Welcome to the forum.

Will be very happy to give you the help that you need – but please would you post your story with proper punctuation and spacing so that it is easier for people to follow. I'm afraid that posting in a solid block of text tends to put people off and you won't get the help that you might otherwise get

I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal

returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came

I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal

they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.

fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them

I’ve also contacted their customer service too

all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed

I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it

but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email

I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please can you tell us who Evans is. Maybe you could link us to their website.

Also, how did you pay the money? Debit card or credit card?

• BankFodder changed the title to Evans refusing refund – In desperate need of help
  • BankFodder changed the title to @evansclothing - Evans Retail Limited refusing refund – In desperate need of help

so this has been going on since May this year?

how do you pay your paypal account?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, what is the value of this outstanding refund?

I don't really understand why they are refusing you your refund. Presumably they admit that they have got the items returned and that they are in saleable condition. It's a shame that you didn't pay by debit card or credit card because you could have your bank in and they would have refunded you and taken up with Evans. The bank are more powerful than you and Evans would have listened in short order.

Would you be prepared to take legal action? I doubt whether it would go that far but you would certainly need to threaten one and maybe issue the papers. For £100 I can scarcely imagine that Evans would bother to defend. However I'm very puzzled that they would cause so much trouble on something so obviously wrong.

Have you got any written message from them explaining why they won't refund you? Could you post it up here please

I’ve got numerous messages from them saying the dispute is still open with PayPal and PayPal have confirmed with me on numerous occasions it is not open

I have photographic proof from my PayPal account that the dispute is closed

I have an email from PayPal to say they would accept any refund for me from them but as yet they have not tried to refund it

I have the postal receipt which is proof of postage

I have threatened legal action and still nothing no refund. 

I have a folder full of printouts of emails messages etc that have been sent back and forwards between myself and Evans

I sent them a letter before court letter gave them till 14th September to refund still I get the same excuses about PayPal 

if your pp balance comes out via a debit card cpa to your bank ac ... simply do a chargeback..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In that case I think that you are left with the choice which I suggested above.

For the future, I suggest that you go into your PayPal account and amended so that it operates off your debit card or credit card

I think you will have to decide what to do.

is your debit card registered as a payment method for paypal?

its rare PP will allow solely a Bank A/C without 1st getting a card registered on an A/C.

dx

and they

as well as one for the A/C the PP funding comes out of?

and they

Well if my site team colleague @dx100uk doesn't have any better suggestions, then I think you may have to send them a letter of claim. You would only do this if you are prepared to go ahead with your threat to bring a legal action in the County Court. It's very straightforward and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are much better than 95%.
Also, if you issued the court papers then I imagine that Evans would and pay you out as well as your court fee in order to avoid further trouble and also expense.

If you decide to issue a letter of claim then don't bluff. Tell them that you going to bring a court action within 14 days and then on day 15 you issue the action. We will help you all the way. However, wait and see what my colleague has to say first

You didn't tell us this before. How much notice did you give them?

Are you ready to issue the claim? Do you know all the steps? Have you started drafting your particulars of claim? Have you registered with the Moneyclaim online website?

doesn't look like chargeback is available..

but what i was trying to ascertain is the transaction that funded the money paid to evans thru PP might have been done via a card.

dx

and they

Please will you address the questions which I asked in my previous post

So I gather that you have taken no steps at all other than to send a letter of claim.

I think that you don't really understand what the letter of claim is about. Letter of claim gives a certain timescale at the expiry of which you will begin a claim. This doesn't mean that at the expiry of a certain timescale – I will begin a claim at some point or other in the future.
Your letter of claim only carries way if you carry out your threat at the exact expiry of the time limit.

This means that even before issuing the letter of claim, you will have understood the steps needed to bring a county court claim by reading around this website and following the small claims links et cetera. It also means that during the 14 day period you register on the Moneyclaim website and start drafting your claim. You can save your work as you go so that at the expiry of your deadline, you issue the claim.

You don't appear to be about to do that.