@evansclothing - Evans Retail Limited refusing refund – In desperate need of help

Jennyripper1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I'm sorry you feel that way – but we are being very businesslike about this and I'm afraid that the advice that was given to you by tradingstandards was lukewarm. I expect that when you say you were given this advice by its trading standards that it was probably Citizens Advice.

The advice they have given you is to lead you into the business of making a threat of legal action without having any preparation or any plan. This means that the end of the timescale you would be left in limbo and not really knowing what to do next.

If you want your money back then I suggest that you start following our advice and as you start to understand the steps you will become more confident and more bullish about what you're doing.

So on the basis that you have issued a threat which expires next Tuesday, I suggest immediately that you register on the Moneyclaim website and start having a look around and preparing your claim. Also spend a day or so looking around this website and understanding the steps towards bringing a small claim in the County Court.

Draft a rough particulars of claim – but post it here first so we can have a look and suggest amendments. It doesn't need to be in any form or special language. And it doesn't need to contain too much detail.

I will try and draft a particulars of claim today and will join money claim today also and do some research on the site about making a claim because I intend to ask for some money for the stress and effect this has had on my health as I have severe depression and anxiety and the worry of not getting this money back has caused me a lot of ill health 

I'm afraid you won't be able to claim for stress. I can imagine that it is very difficult for you but the court will only award you damages for actual losses. Stress will not be recoverable.

I'm afraid that you want to make sure that your claim is made in such a way that you win on every point. This means that your claim is limited to the money you have spent plus interest.