Disneyland Paris - Annual Infinity Pass

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I'm sure that this particular forum is very busy at the moment, so apologies in advance for adding to it!

In January 2020, we visited Disneyland Paris for my daughters birthday and we loved it so much that we purchase one of their Infinity Annual Passes, which basically gives you access to the park for a year, plus all the bells and whistles. The total cost for my wife and children was £758.67.

All was tickedy-boo and we made plans to visit several times over the coming year. Obviously, Coronavirus arrived and then park closed. When it did reopen in July, they very kindy added the time the park was closed as an extension to our pass.

That was all great and we made plans to get over before the kids started school. Then boom, August 15th and 14-day quarantine is placed in people returning from France.

We're not able to take the time off to quarantine, and my wife has Graves Diesease, so is higher risk, so we don't want to travel at the moment.

I have emailed Disney to see whether they would consider 'pausing' the pass, but they will only offer a partial refund of 180€. They haven't specified whether they will cancel the passes if we accept the refund, so I have asked for clarity, but we haven't used the pass at all and it doesn't currently seem likely that we will.

Do we have any rights, or is it just something to swallow?

Many thanks in advance!

Mr Fish

Hey Mr Fish,

Not a lawyer here, and can't think of any rights that will help you here. Can think of these:

• Do you have annual travel insurance that was contracted prior to covid? That may be your wild card here (but you'd have to look if annual passes is something they would cover)
  • Explain your wife's personal situation and ask them for a further gesture of good will
  • Accept the money and move on. My guess would be that the only refund that you're entitled to is for VAT, and the amount you were offered seems suspiciously close to that!

Do let us know if the VAT refund they're offering you forfeits the passes - and/or you were able to obtain a further offer, it will help others in the same situation.

Sorry for your ruined holidays and stay safe!

Thank you for your reply!

I’ve just had the following response from Disney. Not great at all.

Dear Fishy

Thank you for your reply.

We kindly confirm that Disneyland® Paris annual passes are usually non-refundable. However, due to the unprecedented situation with CoViD-19, the duration of your annual passes and their benefits have been extended by the number of days our Disney Parks were temporarily closed (123 days), starting from the original expiry date of your annual passes. As previously mentioned, we are unable to put an additional temporary halt on your annual passes; however, we would like to offer you an exceptional partial refund.

If you wish to accept our offer, please provide us with a copy of the annual passes of your party as well as the filled in and signed refund form at your earliest convenience. Your annual passes will consequently be blocked.

We hope that this information is helpful for you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Constantin
Guest Communication

So they offered 180 euros out of 768 pounds? That doesn't sound too great... but then I'm not sure if they were obliged to give you anything. Looks like people who bought year passes or "unlimited air fares" and the like have taken a heavy hit...

Does the 768 pounds include the time you spent in January, because at least then you'll have got some mileage out of it.

Otherwise you can "hope" for a 2nd lockdown which will extend your pass further since that's where we seem to be headed at the moment...