Joint Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH has an account that he wants to claim back his unfair charges from. Until June 04 it was a joint account that he held with his then wife, and he converted it to a sole account around that time. Obviously, he'd only claim any charges since that time, but would it make any difference to the type of templates etc that he sends?

Thanks in advance.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Even though the account wasn't solely in his name? Wouldn't the ex-mrs be entitled to half of any amount relating to charges prior to her being removed from the account?

Halifax Current Account

Possibly, I don't know the exact legal position.

But even if she was entitled to 50% of the earliest 2 years,(assuming she ever became aware of the claim, which is unlikely since it has been a sole a/c for 4 years), your OH is entitled to the other half and 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

You can always wait and see what charges were applied during that 2 years and decide then.

Thanks Michael, that makes sense. We'll ask for the statements and see where we go from there. I think she was more careful with money than I am, so there's every chance there were no charges there!

Thanks again.

Halifax Current Account

I am claiming at the moment for what was a joint account, although in my situation it is reversed as I am no longer on the account. You will be able to claim regardless, all I had to do was send an authority from my husband to say i was authorised to claim on his behalf. in other words, if you are claiming for an account that is still in your name now then you will have no problems claiming all 6 years joint or not. Hope that makes sense,

• Haha 1

Thanks pixie..... I don't think we'll be getting any authority any time soon...not on the best of terms! We don't feel comfortable claiming for anything that was from when the account was still joint, so will probably claim from when it was made a sole account. We'll see what there is on the list when it comes.

Halifax Current Account

:D Much as I don't feel comfortable claiming what's not rightfully mine (his!), I'd feel worse handing cash over to her! If she wants it she can do her own hard work! Yes, I know, I'm nasty!

Halifax Current Account