just a quick question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If he signed the form that would have accompanied the offer and has recieved the money then I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done.

Sorry.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Thankfully, this is not actually true.

For any agreement to be binding in English law each party to the agreement must provide what is termed 'consideration'. This simply means something of value in the eyes of the law. With these offers in full and final settlement your consideration consists of a promise not to sue for the remainder. The bank however, does not provide any consideration because they are only giving back what in law belongs to you. The law does not enforce onesided promises. In order to establish that they have provided consideration they would have to prove that the charges were lawful.

So the agreement accepted by your husband is meaningless and you may pursue the remainder of the charges, unless - and this is highly unlikely - the agreement was made by deed.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Wow thats pretty cool, Nice one. Sorry for misinformation.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

I would start again at the Prelim, give them 14 days, then LBA then file a claim if they have not paid - and this time, no offers!

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received