last year I had a problem in TK Maxxx, - start paying RLP, moved, now new text msgs say pay us or else! - Should I pay RLP??

Hi, last year I had a problem in TK Maxxx, where I ended up having to pay RLP £180 (no police were involved) I started paying in monthly instalments of £10 but then in September I think I must have missed a payment and my monthly instalments stopped. I then moved house and didn’t inform them of my new address, they’re now sending me text messages saying ‘We have not received your instalment payment for some time. Please call 07342 882 881 to avoid any further action. Retail Loss Prevention’ and also attempting to ring my mobile.

It’s now been a year since they last received a payment from me. Should I continue to pay them? Is there anyway they can find out my new address? and also if I don’t pay them will it effect my credit rating as they have my bank details?

Also why has it taken them a year to start contacting me by phone? 

(I have already posted this in another forum so no disrespect to the person who replied but just wanted a second opinion!)  Thanks.

ignore totally

shame you got scammed into paying them in the 1st place

TK Maxx saw none of that money and you funded free drinks on you each night for RLP Staff

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

• dx100uk changed the title to last year I had a problem in TK Maxxx, - start paying RLP, moved, now new text msgs say pay us or else! - Should I pay RLP??

Thanks for your reply dx.

there’s no chance they can find my new address and just confirm this isn’t going to effect my credit rating even though I started to pay?

And no chance of police/court action? 

I’ve blocked their number on my phone and double checked there’s no direct debits to them on my bank account which there isn’t.

Seems strange they’ve taken a whole year to contact me by phone? 

Yeah it is a shame I didn’t know this information before! 

not for anything to do with the TK Maxx/RLP stuff ...but i'm slightly concerned you think its best to hide.

if you have debts on your credit file that are outstanding but not paying (if you even should!!) 

but its never a good idea to run from debt, particularly if you last used/paid that consumer credit within say the last 7yrs ish.

you run the risk of a backdoor CCJ, if you have debts , you'll know nothing about till the CCJ appears on your file or court bailiffs appear at your door.

as for RLP, there is no chance of police involvement

nor does RLP stuff ever get near your credit file.

the other thing that strikes me is you mention DD, did you even pay by that method ?

or did you phone and give you card number each payment.....?

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

No I would never hide from legitimate debts and have never missed a payment on anything else.

I just didn’t want to be handing over money that I don’t have to (RLP) so no need to be concerned!

The only reason I missed this was I’m guessing I had no money in my account when they attempted to take it.

But yeah I set up a payment plan with them to take monthly instalments of £10 automatically, when I went to check earlier today if there was a direct debit with them there was nothing there. Should I be concerned about that? 

you mean you used your debit card and gave them its number?

Yeah I believe so, I can’t completely remember to be honest. I did it over the phone. When I looked through my statements the payments were all coming out around the same date each month 

ring your bank.

tell them to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority  (CPA) created to RLP last year, and NOT to honour any further payments to them without your WRITTEN authority.

tell them you have since discovered that these were bogus payments and is there anyway to get them back?

(FYI: Chargeback is a total of 540 days from any CPA payment, and you have 120 from WHEN YOU REALISE you can use chargeback to get the monies back)

if you have to explain things, simply state that you had 'an incident' in a shop and was banned by letter.

you latterly had a phonecall from someone claiming to be representing them wanting 'civil restoration and damages' against you.

you though they were from tk maxx, and noe discovered that the person that rang you was from RLP, nothing to do with TK MAXX and scammed you out of money they are not legally entitled too.