TKMaxx shoplifting - started paying RLP - now stopped - now Scott & Mears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

last year I had a problem in TK Maxxx, where I ended up having to pay RLP £180 (no police were involved)

I started paying in monthly instalments of £10

in September I think I must have missed a payment and my monthly instalments stopped.

I then moved house and didn’t inform them of my new address, they’re now sending me text messages saying

‘We have not received your instalment payment for some time. Please call 07342 882 881 to avoid any further action. Retail Loss Prevention’ and also attempting to ring my mobile.

It’s now been a year since they last received a payment from me. 

Should I continue to pay them?

Is there anyway they can find out my new address?

and also if I don’t pay them will it effect my credit rating as they have my bank details?

Also why has it taken them a year to start contacting me by phone? 

(I have already posted this in another forum so no disrespect to the person who replied but just wanted a second opinion!)

Thanks.

ignore totally

shame you got scammed into paying them in the 1st place

TK Maxx saw none of that money and you funded free drinks on you each night for RLP Staff

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to last year I had a problem in TK Maxxx, - start paying RLP, moved, now new text msgs say pay us or else! - Should I pay RLP??

Thanks for your reply dx.

there’s no chance they can find my new address and just confirm this isn’t going to effect my credit rating even though I started to pay?

And no chance of police/court action? 

I’ve blocked their number on my phone and double checked there’s no direct debits to them on my bank account which there isn’t.

Seems strange they’ve taken a whole year to contact me by phone? 

Yeah it is a shame I didn’t know this information before! 

not for anything to do with the TK Maxx/RLP stuff ...but i'm slightly concerned you think its best to hide.

if you have debts on your credit file that are outstanding but not paying (if you even should!!) 

but its never a good idea to run from debt, particularly if you last used/paid that consumer credit within say the last 7yrs ish.

you run the risk of a backdoor CCJ, if you have debts , you'll know nothing about till the CCJ appears on your file or court bailiffs appear at your door.

as for RLP, there is no chance of police involvement

nor does RLP stuff ever get near your credit file.

the other thing that strikes me is you mention DD, did you even pay by that method ?

or did you phone and give you card number each payment.....?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I would never hide from legitimate debts and have never missed a payment on anything else.

I just didn’t want to be handing over money that I don’t have to (RLP) so no need to be concerned!

The only reason I missed this was I’m guessing I had no money in my account when they attempted to take it.

But yeah I set up a payment plan with them to take monthly instalments of £10 automatically, when I went to check earlier today if there was a direct debit with them there was nothing there. Should I be concerned about that? 

you mean you used your debit card and gave them its number?

and they

ring your bank.

tell them to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority  (CPA) created to RLP last year, and NOT to honour any further payments to them without your WRITTEN authority.

tell them you have since discovered that these were bogus payments and is there anyway to get them back?

(FYI: Chargeback is a total of 540 days from any CPA payment, and you have 120 from WHEN YOU REALISE you can use chargeback to get the monies back)

if you have to explain things, simply state that you had 'an incident' in a shop and was banned by letter.

you latterly had a phonecall from someone claiming to be representing them wanting 'civil restoration and damages' against you.

you though they were from tk maxx, and noe discovered that the person that rang you was from RLP, nothing to do with TK MAXX and scammed you out of money they are not legally entitled too.

and they

• 9 months later...

Hi, about 2.5 years ago I was caught shoplifting in a T K Maxx, there was no involvement from police.

I was then told RLP would be in contact about a fine, I didn’t know any different so I started to pay the fine in £10 instalments until about 4 months later the payment must have failed which stopped the instalments being paid

. I didn’t realise this at all until May last year I started receiving texts from RLP saying they couldn’t recover the money and it was my last chance.

I wrote in here and was advised to ignore it and block the number, I’m now receiving texts from a company called Scott & Mears asking me to contact them regarding my RLP account.

Can someone please give me some advice as I’m extremely nervous now.

Do I continue to ignore it?

Will they take me to court?

Will it effect my credit score?

Thanks very much in advance!

old and new threads merged.

you might find it useful to re-read your thread from post 1 again

as you seem to have forgotten all the important advice that had been given from post 1........

it is NOT A FINE.

only TK MAXX can ever take you to court, and we've no evidence of that happing since the Boots case many years ago.

retail loss rubbish does not appear on credit files.

and they

Hi, about 2.5 years ago I was caught shoplifting in a T K Maxx, there was no involvement from police.

I was then told RLP would be in contact about a fine, I didn’t know any different so I started to pay the fine in £10 instalments after receiving the letter until about 4 months later the payment must have failed which stopped the instalments being paid. (I since then have moved house so I wasn’t receiving any letters.) 

I didn’t realise the payments had stopped at all until May last year I started receiving texts from RLP saying they couldn’t recover the money and it was my last chance. I wrote in here and was advised to ignore it and block the number, I’m now receiving texts from a company called Scott & Mears asking me to contact them regarding my RLP account.

Can someone please give me some advice as I’m extremely nervous now.

Do I continue to ignore it?

Will they take me to court?

Will it effect my credit score?

Will they come to my address?

Thanks so much in advance! 

Ignore. Nothing will happen if you do so. 

They don't take it any further, even if you have paid some amounts. So no Court, nothing to do with credit records or any recording.  No visits to your address.

RLP is purely a way for the shops to try to gain some money back, to cover the costs of security.  Anything they receive is a bonus, as I suspect a majority don't pay anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

RLP is purely a way for the shops to try to gain some money back, to cover the costs of security. 

Not sure about that..I doubt they see any return of monies paid by gullible culprits who fall for this fairytale money grabbing scheme.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

threads merged yet again

please stop creating new threads on a subject that you again created a new thread on with the same question 2hrs ago and that had an answer.

ignore everyone

there is nothing they can do...don't be a mug!!

dx 

and they

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

old and new threads merged.

you might find it useful to re-read your thread from post 1 again

as you seem to have forgotten all the important advice that had been given from post 1........

it is NOT A FINE.

only TK MAXX can ever take you to court, and we've no evidence of that happing since the Boots case many years ago.

retail loss rubbish does not appear on credit files.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to TKMaxx shoplifting - started paying RLP - now stopped - now Scott & Mears