sally v NatWest ***WON***

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to your signature have you saved it when you change it. also it doesn't always show up, strange but thats just the way it is.

Good luck with natwest i had mine settled in full today.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 3-11-06

statements recieved (few missing) 17-11-06

prelim letter sent 23-11-06

WON £249.00 refunded in FULL after 1st letter:grin:

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

Welcome finance (mis-sold PPI, extortionate APR, excessive charges)

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

'stop harrasing via telephone' letter sent 23-11-06

Request copies of original credit agreements letter sent 23-11-06

You have to click the 'post message' button on the SECOND box down, the additional options one.

And even then it doesn't always work.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Like then. It didn't work!;)

W

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

• 2 weeks later...

Data arrived on Monday. Totalled everything up and it comes to £2700ish including £10 data request fee. At least I have been paying attention and NOT added interest charges. 8% later when we get to court will do me nicely.

Vampresses spreadsheets are so easy to use. Will make a donation next week when it is payday. Life is going to be so much easier this time next year. Printer has given up the ghost so sending any info out will have till I buy a new one. Hey ho.

I am with the CCCS and they are making payments to Nat West for me so I suppose it will make sense to pay off my indebtidness to Nat West with part of the above. I will still have quite a bit left over.

Has anyone else had statements without covering letter? This means that they have not addressed the issue of manual intervention. I have a mind to insert paragraph in Prelim letter about this so it does not come back to bite me later. Although after last night's excellent Money Programme do we still need to have feedback from them about this.

I had a look at Money Programme's website and this one is so superior with all the templates/helpers/moderators/ old experienced claimers.

Oh and I have sorted out have to add signature if anyone is interested. Just press "preview post" below before "submit reply". (don't forget to submit though - especially if it is a long reply.:)

Hi Sally,

Did you get your statements in torn brown envelopes by any chance? I'm a Natwestie too. Just wondering if Natwest have improved since I complained 6 months ago.

Thanks for the compliment on my SS. Glad they are of use.

Don't worry about the manual intervention. I don't believe there is any, and they've had there chance to tell you there is.

Be careful which spreadsheet you use. Go with only what you are confident with. Have a good read of my notes.

Good luck.

Vamp.

[

They arrived in one A4 envelope 2nd class. Good job they don't work for Birmingham City Council as we have to use A5 envelopes to keep public costs down when documents are posted back to their owners. Still, at the moment keeping costs down won't be bothering the banks.

I will look at your other spreadsheets as you suggest but years ago I did Clait and got used to excel. I like it's clean lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, sorry Vampiress - didn't realise you had posted. Brown envelope strong so info intact. There had been a letter in there from them re manual intervention. I was too quick to file it away.

Just one quick question if anyone can help. Can I claim 'Default Notice Fee' or not? Prelim letter going off soon as I have an answer. Many thanks in advance. Sally

If it's a fee you can't claim it. This is a mantra - or should be.

Experian have an on-line service which is free for 30 days. I signed up for this and discovered there was no default outstanding so that is one problem out of the way. Just like everyone else I am nervous now in case I have claimed incorrectly. Hey-ho, at least I have taken another step towards financial independence.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise, surprise '...sorry we have not yet responded............ will respond as soon as possible' Thanks Nat West but the 14 deadline runs out in a few days. At least they got my prelim.

Guest NATTIE

Sally- LBA goes to Customer Relations Unit, Borehamwood, Possible delay may have been caused if it was sent to branch and default fee is a YES, missed it earlier on the thread

'No, no, no no, no, no, no, NO' to quote Vicar of Dibley. Sorry, but if you are giving excellent advice hijack me any time!!! Life has been one roller coaster today and then some. 3 questions, sorry 4:

How come I can claim default notice (08/09/05) and why sent LBA to Borehamstead. I sent prelim to Bishopsgate address. I did wonder why reply came from Borehamstead. Thought it was just a complaint dept. Love the bowtie by the way.

3. Cheque still not cashed. When do I add it on?

4. I am with the cccs. Natweststaffmember could I e-mail you privately about this. Call me paranoid but I am assuming the banks monitor this website

The fact that site workers/mediators are responding to my relevant postings (see below if interested) in the last 2 days is proof that I have been been on the right track on my own and when I REALLY NEED HELP you are there for me and all of us. Bless you for your consideration, and encouragement when you are not silent:-o Sally

Letter before Action going off to:

Mr S Highley

National Westminster House

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

WD6 1TE

today. Have added on default fee and £10 data cheque. If they havn't presented it yet that is not my problem. Time to start reading up on court action I suppose. Going into town soom to get info from courts.

Ah! The good old MR S Higley! Poor man! Must be having an awful time at the moment! I have received numerous 'erm....uh....erm.....your letter is being investigated please be patient' letters from him! He must be inundated at the moment! Serves him right for working for such a greedy organisation! :lol:

They must surely be thinking 'oh no - not another one'. When I get some CAG stickers for the other 999 claims I have YET to file I expect to be treated with a mixture of respect/horror. Well, it costs nothing to dream.........

Had a lovely discussion at the court yesterday. I have to fill out an application form for either excemption/remission and they only need whatever WTC form I have available for this financial year. I wonder if it varies from court to court? Other peoples stories have varied. Well I will find out in a fortnight. If the court date falls at an inconvenient time as long as I tell the court 7 days before I have to attend (if necessary) they can move it.

Well blow me to Bermuda!! '....... however as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error, in this instance we are prepared to offer the amount of £2921.00 paid direct into your account'.

Took them 2 days to respond to my letter. Taker note anyone new to this forum. 'We'll get back to you some time when it suits us' response to prelim - 2 days when they realise you are serious. Am I going to accept this? Nah, I want all of it thank you very much. Serious reading to commence this weekend to file at court next week. How I love this site

Should read FAQ's more thoroughly. Of course I have to allow them time to respond to my rejection of their offer. 14 days ends 30 January so I have till then to read up on next stage. Of course in a Perfect World they would write back and say 'okay then - here's all your money'. Always the optomist me:)

• 3 weeks later...

My WTC award letter cannot be more than 1 month old for the court to take into account. This deficiency has now remedied (change in my circumstances) so off to court on Monday to lodge 2 claims. I miss Vampiress's spreadsheets. What has happened to them? Can't get my head round the new ones, especially as I want to claim compound contractual for further claims. Can anybody supply an update on when they will be back - if ever? Boo-hoo. Sally:mad:

Hi, Sally

No idea when Vampiress' spreadies will be back but quite a few are using Mindzai's.

I have a version of Vamp's compound interest spreadsheet in Excel format that I will be more than happy to e-mail to you, if you wish. Simply PM me with your e-mail address and it shall be done, within that same turn of the Earth.

Best wishes

Westy

Westy

PS - to the best of my knowledge and belief, Liverpool is the upcoming European Capital of Culture. While I am aware that Birmingham has extensively reinvented itself, knocked down the old Bull Ring, now has a Sainsbury's that looks like something out of an old Quatermass movie, and has a throbbing nightlife and drinking quarter, you must conceded that Liverpool has two, very eye-catching cathedrals.

And John Lennon Airport, too.

:D

W

Westy

I wondered when someone would bite.

We have an airport you know. Our Town Hall was designed and built by Thomas Hanson (who went on to design the hanson cab). You will be surprised that even in 1834 it came in overbudget and quite a few people (including Hanson) went bankrupt. We have more statues/canals than any other european city and if the silly city fathers had got the locals involved inspead of spend a stupid amount on an outsider to promote our city, we would have walked it.

They drew attention to the night life at the expense of the historical buildings Birmingham has in abundance compared to Liverpool. Some years ago we were the first British city to host a week of cultural events from Japan. It was amazing. A Japanese version of Macbeth, demon drums, tea ceremony and loads more. Very prestigous or what? I believe it was going to Prague the next time this occured.

Did you know that the city gets knocked about approx every 20 years? We are creating a city centre park right in the middle of town linking the rundown Eastside to the centre. And all those ghastly ringways have virtually gone now. City centre now belongs to the people - not the car.

Liverpool obviously put in a better bid and we will certainly attend - but it should have been us!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we will look at those cathedrals. Sainsbury's? I think you mean Selfridge's. Not to everyones taste, but give it 20 years and we'll knock it down.

Thanks for the offer of spreadsheet. PM'ing you now.