style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope you are all 

My daughter had a visit from H C E yesterday when she was out its not her debt its her address but not her name however   the named person is an old neighbour so it looks like they they have wrong door number she is in the middle of moving house but only to the next street

ive told her if they come back to provide proof of who she is tenancy agreement ect 

she has never had a letter sent to her address for this neighbour before the h c e turned up 

She has spoken to her old neighbour and he has no idea who the person on the ccj is knows nothing about the debt and its 17k so its a lot of money 

the court is Birkenhead ive told him to phone them on Monday  what form he should he ask for thanks 

Debt relates to a person and not an address.  If the enforcement has been attempted at an address where the debtor does not reside, the enforcement company just need confirmation of who lives at the address,.  This could be a copy of the Council Tax statement.  Obviously point out, they had the wrong flat number anyway and they can then check.

It will be an error with an address on a document or they just misread it.  

Do not see the purpose in contacting the neighbour.  Some people do not care about debts and other people being hassled due an address being wrong. They are most likely aware of owing a sizeable debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's happened to me a few times now, the previous owners of the house left a lot of unpaid bills.  On one occasion the bailiff asked for proof, the other 2 they believed me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Good advice above, definitely don't let the bailiff in, they will try to get you to pay by saying don't care what name the debt is at the address. show them the proof, and remind them that you can report the Bailiffco to ICO for breaching GDPR by discussing third party debt with some=one not the named Debtor.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!