• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sally v Halifax 2 ***SETTLED IN FULL***

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'Bout time something went right in my life! Unable to file my N1 as my WTC was too old. It cannot be more than 1 month old for the court to take into account. Luckerly there has been a change which I have informed them of, so my new award letter plopped through my letter box. Off to court on Monday to file 2 claims. Then I can file some more in the new financial year. But where are vampiress's spreadsheets? Have they gone never to return? Who turned the light off? Can't get my poor head round the ones that are currently there. HELP :???:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Sally

Good to see you, i thought you had left us...;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No, still here. Fed up though. Car problems which means that I don't have the money to attend this year's Dragon Rally held on Anglesey this year. You don't have to be mad to have a bike/sidecar - but it does help. Never mind, there is always next year and we are going to Melton Mowbray the beginning of March so that will be good.

Sorry to read of your problems with the sainted Halifax. WE WILL PREVAIL.

Looking at Shrewsbury Folk Festival site for August bank holiday. Wonder how big it is? We always go to Cropredy for Fairport Convention's annual bash. Always a great atmosphere and relatively small. Under 20,000.

Roll on Monday anyhow.

1st claim now filed here in Birmingham. Will take 5-10 days for it to be deemed to be served.

Have literally just had a call from some 'nice' lady from Halifax offering me £3200 (at the start of the conversation she offered £2800). We bandied the OFT between us and they fact that they are unwilling to refund my interest charges and she is of the opinion that the Halifax are offering me more than I will get in the long run. What will they think when I claim compound contractual next time? Didn't have the heart to tell her I have been to court today. Took the line that I wasn't willing to commit over the phone and she is putting her offer in the post. Are they getting rattled now or what? If they had rung me a few days ago would I have accepted. Probably not, but my heart is pounding a touch as to whether I have been too cocky. THEY DO THIS DELIBERATELY DON'T THEY.

Anyway people I earn too much to qualify for exemption (cut off figure is £15,050) so I have applied for remission instead. As I am with the CCCS I included my plan along with one months bank statement and WTC/CTC award letter (which cannot be more than 1 month old). The court clerk told me this is looked at after my claim is filed when the decision is made as to what - if anything - I need to pay. Can someone clever out there tell me if this is automatically added on to my claim?

Oh be still my beating heart................

I feel quite angry now. When I wanted the Halifax to be reasonable and take charges out of my account 2 weeks down the line (in the past) so I had money to buy food the answer was 'no'. Now this woman was saying they could not agree to reimbursing my interest charges - all of £40 and was offering me almost £700 less than I asked for. If I'm supposed to be grateful I don't think so. At least she didn't tell me I should have managed my account better. Oooohh, calm down dear. Don't get mad............ get even!

Just think of the satisfaction when you see all that lovely money IN your account.

Take a deep breath and count to 10 ........:D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Lovely to hear from you again. You are spot on of course. This is what we are all here for. Mutual Admiration Society Of The Former Downtrodden Masses. POWER TO THE PEOPLE:razz: You just get this little niggle that they know something you don't. Particularly as those of us who were going after mortgage early redemption charges have been advised to put these temporarily on a back burner.

Hope you hear something soon about your 2nd claim. When are you due to go to Florida? People that have been say it is wonderful.

When vampiress's spreadsheets are back on line I will be going after my visa account.

Sally,

Agree with you when you say that the heart starts beating heavily.. Also filed N1 yesterday, and was a bag of nerves - didn't that the metal detector at the door didn't like me and beeped every time I walked through it :o

Still waiting for an offer, but not holding my breath as when I spoke to them on Friday 9th Feb, they said that they were too busyto have looked at my complaint / claim - I've also read another thread where they said that they can't even stick to their own deadlines..

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to settle all the claims t the first time of asking, then they would be saving money - no more overtime payments to catch up with backlogs & no paying of the 8% s.69 interest.

Oh well, they'll maybe learn one day.

Sally, we are now entering the final stages of the battle - are you ready.?? I know that I am. Loking forward to taking my daughter to Disneyland..! That's a definate target to aim for :D

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think this is the worst bit, the waiting...!:( Im not the most patient person in the world. But it will be worth it in the long run. Im going to phone today to find out what is going on, but i will wait for postie first...;)

Its just like survivor says when will they learn and just pay up. They know they have to in the end.

We went to florida about 6 years ago. It was amazing. playing with the dolphins (didnt swim tho) was excellent. Really is holiday of a lifetime, and everything is just how you would expect it to be. So i cant wait to get back! :D

F&Q's... Read here

We are off to the Forest of Dean after Cropredy folk festival in August. Because I used to be a civil servant I joined CSMA which is the leisure organisation of the civil service. We have a free fully equiped gym, heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, evening entertainment all included in the price. The pitches are enormous and sweeping panoramic views right in the forest.

Playing with dolphins though. That sounds awesome. I'm sure Halifax will be pleased to fund this 2nd holiday of a lifetime.

Which Disneyland are you going to? France or America?

The metal detector didn't like me either. Yes I think I am ready for them especially as I refused to be bullied no matter how nicely she phrased her offer. This will probably sound silly but she was only doing her job and if Halifax higher management are similar to my company this woman and everyone else who is ordered to call us will possibly be told off for each customer they don't manage to persuade. Failure to meet targets can be a dreadful whip. I'm glad now I wasn't rude to her as I do deal with members of the public myself. Treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself is not a bad philosophy IMHO. They don't manage money well do they? My claim has now gone up by approx £300 with the 8%.

Want to go to Florida, but not sure Mrs Survivor will cope with the flight, so may have to settle for Paris - I know it's change a lot since I was last there 10 yrs ago...

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi sally,

Have they sent you another offer?

F&Q's... Read here

Just letter confirming the £3200 I was offered over the 'phone last Monday. I note some people claiming less than us are being settled. No rhyme nor reason to it is there.

By the by have you seen the offer on Martin Lewis's moneysaver about free cinema tickets? I've signed up for that. One file previewed on Valentine's Day evening, people were being given glasses of real champagne and boxes of chocolates to take home. Wow.

Hope you hear something next week.

They offered me more on the phone but i didnt see a reason why to send another rejection letter, but saying that i didnt recieve a letter about it either. I would of thought if you said no on the phone they got the message..! :p

But to put your own mind at rest i suppose it wouldnt hurt.

Hope fully we both should hear soon.

I didnt get the email this month, dont know why.

F&Q's... Read here

Lucky you getting an offer Sally...

Filed N1 on 12th, and have not heard anything from either the court of Haliprats. Court did say that it may not be served until Monday, so guess a couple more days won't do any harm - just add to the interest accruing @ 79p a day..

Regarding the letter you got, I would agree with sea-side lady, they must have got the message load and clear on the phone, but if it would help to allay you fears or concerns, then I would say put confirmation in writing - won't do an harm.

Just wish I had the need to send a leter of rejection :rolleyes: . I agree with your observations though, they seem to be settling quite quickly with those that are claimig less than we are - mine is approx £3500. Maybe they're in the same boat asus and struggling to find the money to pay their bills :D .

Anyhow, back to the waiting, and best wishes to one and all...

Hi sally,

Its moving nicely for you now....;) Soon...!

Yes not much point sending that letter now. They had their chance.

Iv no idea about watchdog, but on friday night at 8 Martin Lewis is on Trevor Mcdonald and its all about the charges, an update.

F&Q's... Read here

It will only be a matter of time Sally. don't forget, if they contact you now you get the 8% & costs added to your settlement...

Thanks people. Forgot to say earlier, costs not added on to court info so I presumably will not be charged now. Quite right I want my 8%.

Every time I see your name in my e-mail sea-side lady I think 'Yes' only to be disappointed for you. I bet you brighten up your postman's day though.:lol:

Got home to a letter from Howard's people. They informed the court on 22/02/07 that they are going to defend. That didn't take them long!!!! Better do some more reading then. Could really do with a cash injection now as car is on last legs. :-|

Its unbelievable that they can keep dragging it out.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer for you, i wonder who will get there first out of us both.....:p

I have been reading the next stage aswell, i hope its not too long before they send you the Allocation Questionnaire, and you can get this stage started.

F&Q's... Read here

Well you are OVERDUE. Have read the 'steps' again and I'm wondering if my memeory is playing me tricks. It now says to go for judgment - just as you have done, but not so long ago I am sure it said this was a bad idea as it gave the banks longer to mount a defence. Which is what you are waiting for. And waiting, and waiting............................

Yes, I should get the questionaire soon I think. Just maybe sending it back as soon as I am happy with it will give Howard's crew a kick up the backside.

I should be at work now but the ignition barrel is broken and the local Ford garage want me to part with £60 odd pounds to put it right. This is after I gave them £180 last month to sort out problems with the keys. Waiting for them to call me back as I have said how unimpressed I am that they didn't sort this out for me last month. Joining the CAG has made me even more of a stroppy cow - WITH ATTITUDE. Bang goes one of my flex days from next week as that is what I am using today. Roll on going camping near Melton Mowbray this weekend. At least my bike/sidecar is working (fingers crossed). When the avatars are back mine is a picture of my sidecar (Watsonian/Squires 'Oxford').

Will your postman be relieved when you don't pounce on him each day or a bit sad?