• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sally v Halifax 2 ***SETTLED IN FULL***

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would send new a payment to be sure..........

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ahhhh bless. Received 2 letters from Halifax, the 1st saying cheque bounced send new payment, 2nd telling me they will be sending me copies of current account statements. Left hand/right hand.............. as cheque was presented by credit card section. So I should be able to make some progress soon then. Will send replacement cheque near payday next Friday. Does this mean I will have to allow the credit card people a little longer than 40 days because they are waiting for cheque?

Have a super Christmas everyone. Wishing everyone a Prosperous New Year on this site is a foregone conclusion:razz:

Right back to business. Statements go back to January 2000. Should I claim that far back? I assume Limitation Act section 32 would be invoked. Still can't get my head round the different interest rates so going to use (have already with NatWest) Vampiresses simple spreadsheet without interest but entered 'Interest Debited - notified last month' entries as they have kindly (from my point of view) worked it out already. This added £200+ to my claim which at the moment only goes back 6 years. Claim just over £3000 at the moment. WOW!!!!!!

I have just sent prelim letter to Nat West and the thought of coping with 2 court cases at once (this is after all the first time I have done this - is daunting). If I do get brave enough is it okay to go as far as N1 but then wait until I can afford 2nd court costs? I qualify for exemption of court costs as I qualify for WTC but due to overpayments I only received one payment at the start of this current fianncial year and reading a site helpers thread they require proof which is not more than one month old and a bank statement (even if it showed WTC) will not suffice. I remember now it was Cheddar's thread.

Go back 6 years from the point you first became aware the charges were unlawful. This is usually taken to be the date on which you sent your SAR or other first contact with the bank on the subject.

Some are going even further back on the grounds that the charges were concealed etc. It's up to you, but be prepared for a bumpy ride if you do take that route.

I'm also claiming WTC, well - the wife is, and I'm told by a friend who works at the court that this in itself is not enough to qualify for exemption from fees. You have to have something else, or make an application to the court to have your financial situation looked at. As it happens I didn't get that far as the Halifax settled on the day I was due to file the N1.

The WTC forms they send out would detail the period currently covered, so it matters not that you've only had one payment. That in itself should be sufficient.

Have a read through a few threads to get the feel for what the Hx is currently doing about claims. They've settled the most to date and many people, myself included, managed to reach an agreement before filing the N1 so it's worth bearing that in mind as you progress.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Sally

I was sent the same amount of statements - back to January 2000 and I thought 'what the Hell - they've sent them to me, why not claim to back then?'

Was/am quite willing to give up anything between January and October (when my SAR went off) if the Halifax got snotty about it (it was only about £45 extra), but so far nothing has been said about the extra few months, so if they don't mention it, I won't;)

And as not a sausage has come from Halifax, Leeds or any of the other places they have offices, will be popping into court with an N1 next week:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

The post was 'Cheddar V NatWest' if anyone wants a really good read. Thanks for the advice guys, will have to look at how much these few extra months will yield and decide if it is worth it.

Does anyone have any info about delaying filling in N1 although looking at Cheddar's thread I think it will not really matter. Once I have one successful claim under my belt funding the others will not be difficult

• Haha 1

When you file your claim is completely up to you........ after the initial 2 x 14 days of course.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just call me chicken - or prudent depending on your point of view. It would have added £350 onto my claim but I would rather concentrate on getting the almost £4000 they owe me and see if I am canny enough to get the extra months down the line. I expect a lot of us are watching Wilkinson as he was brave enough to take it one stage further. So prelim going off tomorrow with 'Proof of Posting' as usual.

Hiya sally,

Just seeing how ur getting on. Have you recieved any offers yet?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for asking but no nothing yet. I am merely chilling waiting for the postman to bring me something. I wrote to NatWest the end of last year and they have sent me a 'sorry we have not yet been able to respond.....' Well the clock is still clicking. AND FOR THE REST OF THEM BELOW!!!!!

Your postings are quiet - I assume you are also waiting. Have you bookmarked this yet?:p What an admirable judge. Pity we can't all go to Newark. Sally

Its nice when you see it getting closer.....:D

Hopefullyfully your next 14 days will go fast.

2 free claims..???

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

What a cracking weekend!!!!!! Offer from NatWest yesterday. (No I didn't accept) data from Barclaycard this morning and then I open another letter - (well blow me to Bermuda again) Halifax have offered me almost £1500 less than I am asking for. They do try to frighten one don't they. Apparently they 'phoned me but I obviously wasn't at home. Anyone new out there learn from this. After I sent my prelim they said they would investigate and get back to me in 4 weeks - after LBA they replied within 2 days. Shame I have to wait till 1 February to file at court but perhaps they will see sense and give me all my money back. Oooohhh flying pigs

HI sally,

They seem to be paying out a lot of people at your stage, shame it not us. :rolleyes:

But at least we will get the interest. :D

Wouldnt you think halifax would learn. People from here dont give up...!!!

F&Q's... Read here

Spent part of today preparing my N1 ready to deliver on Thursday. Am rather concerned about my daily interest rate however. Does anyone out there agree with my figure of charges + interest totalling £3866.76 = £0.85 per day. Apart from that I am nervous until I actually win.

That looks about right sally.

My large claim works out at just over £1 a day.

F&Q's... Read here

Wow, I must be getting better at this. Once I really feel confident I will be going for compounded contractual interest with other banks etc. Thanks for the reply. Any day now you should hear something yourself:-)

Ud think so! It feels like forever waiting..:(

I will file judgement on thursday, then on the 5th Feb file judgement on the second one. Reading through, this seems to be the way most people have to go. Daft really when they know they have to pay in the end anyway!!

Roll on thursday for you...!!!!:p

F&Q's... Read here

Do you mean file by default? There have been quite a few threads showing how the banks bleat on about not having enough time to mount a defence and the courts then give them several weeks to do so. Given the stance that Halifax have taken on one thread refusing to pay up until the acceptance form they have posted out is signed, promising not to claim any further charges, it might be an idea to keep the pressure up until the money is in our bank accounts.

It does feel so close but tantalising out of reach dosn't it. Glad to hear you will still be about. Sally