Change of hours after furlough period.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope someone can please offer some advice.

I work in a small retail outlet, prior to the COVID lockdown there were around 10 on the payroll but most of us do part time

so at any one time there were probably 4 to 5 of us at work. For around 5 years, I have been doing a set number of hours lets say A to B and they suited me and my circumstances..

When Boris did his first number 10 speech back in march, I was quite worried and so was my daughter, I decided to go on furlough to see how things would pan out. 

Where  I worked stayed open because it fell under the essential category. 

My boss wasn't that pleased but accepted i was furloughing.  I furloughed for a month or so, after this I decided to return to work as COVID wasn't some sort of Science Fiction

its the end of the world scenario.  The number of staff at work had been reduced ( on furlough) and we maintained social distancing.

When I was on my short furlough, a colleague did my A to B hours.  Prior to COVID, this colleague did hours - lets say C to D.

On my return to work after the short furlough, I was doing my colleagues C to D hours.  At the time, I accepted this swapped hours situation because things were still relatively

up in the air.  But now the payroll has settled down ( some took voluntary redundancy ),

the time slots have also settled down but my colleague is bent on keeping my old A to B hours, she is quite vocal and it seems the boss goes along with it.

Is there anything I can do..

thank you

Edited by blipvert
grammer

What does your contract say?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!