style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every post on a thread used to be numbered consecutively, Post #1, #2, #3 etc,and this was useful for referring back to previous posts, especially on long threads.

In the latest update to the forum the numbering appears to be no longer there. I cannot see any post numbers. Has the numbering been removed intentionally, or is it just lurking somewhere I can't find it?

Yes it's a complete nuisance that there is no numbering any more. I have raised this with Invision who are the authors and owners of the platform and they have said that they decided deliberately not to have post numbers in order to help people "focus on the content" rather than on the periphery information around the post.

It's complete nonsense – and although the Invision platform is not bad, I have a sense that they are rather controlling. They don't really like to provide people with a lot of choice.

It's been raised on the Invision forum and I'm hoping that maybe one of the third party developers will come forward and produce a plug-in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

... in order to help people "focus on the content" rather than on the periphery information around the post.

It's complete nonsense – and although the Invision platform is not bad, I have a sense that they are rather controlling. They don't really like to provide people with a lot of choice...

You're right - it's a complete nonsense.  I've noticed one or two other forums doing this recently and it's a complete PITA.

It does not help the reader "focus on the content", rather it annoys the hell out of them because they can't identify easily a previous post they want to refer to.  Your forced to "bloat quote" which I've no doubt drives dx100uk up the wall.

Tell Invision that grown-up users prefer post reference numbers as it helps them keep track of the thread.  (I bet they don't know how to do it.  Challenge them!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not only that but we now have a plug-in which has returned the edit and report buttons to the bottom of each post alongside the quote button. You can now use those or the ones under the ellipsis At the top right post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1