I had been paying my TV licence on a weekly payment plan but fell behind due to income issues during lockdown. I owe them £112. I have offered to pay small weekly installments that I can afford in order to pay it off but they say it is not enough and may have to pass it on to debt collection.

Can someone please tell me, if they do pass my debt to a dca, will this affect my credit rating? I'm not concerned about having to deal with a dca and know how to deal with them but I've worked hard to build up my credit score and am worried that this TV licence debt will ruin it if it is passed on to a dca.

Not a credit rating issue, as it's not a type of credit as far as I know.

You were paying weekly for a TV licence which is a legal requirement. You stopped paying due to finances so an amount is outstanding.  Capita who run TV licencing just collect current owed amounts and licence fees. Capita own debt collection agencies (DCA) , so they will just pass on the £112 debt and you will get a letter from a DCA. You then just agree to pay say £20 a month or whatever is affordable to pay it off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you very much for your help. I am perfectly happy to pay it to a dca as I absolutely owe it, and I'm so relieved to hear that it will not affect my credit rating. Thank you again for your reply.

ignore powerless DCA's

only deal/pay capita directly.

nothing any DCA can do on any debt

they are not bailiffs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...