• Tweets

• I have registered on the money claim website and I did issue a claim on there on 26/10. I sent this in the post but I don’t have a copy
    • Also, you have referred several times to a deadlock letter. Please could you post that up in pdf format.
    • We are doing our best to help you with professional level of advice. you're getting it for free but that is no reason to treat it as simply a piece of social media exchange. if you are very confident about what you are doing then you don't need our help. However, reading through this thread so far I have the impression that you aren't entirely certain of the steps. in order to give you the best help and to give you the best chance of success, we need to understand exactly what you have done so far.   have you registered on the money claim county court website? Did you issue a claim there? What date did you issue it? do you understand the rules about acknowledgement of service and then defence?
    • The laptop was sent on 03/08 On 13/08 I sent an email to Martijn De Lange 21/08 I was told to submit a claim form 30/09-01/10 Promised my money back by manager (01/10 call recorded)  02/10 Deadlock Letter sent  26/10 Legal letter sent 
    • It does and we should be so much better than this.  Anywhere but here and the guillotines would have been set up.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Hello All,

I have unfortunately joined the innumerable number of people who have been let down by MyHermes and their godawful service. I was unaware as to how bad their service is.

I booked a pick up from MyHermes on the 13th June, 2020 and both bags with pictures attached were picked up on the 14th June 2020 from Cambridge to be delivered to London. The bags have items worth £200 or more in each bag. I declared the value of £200 for each bag. By the 16th-17th June 2020, the tracking had  stopped progressing for one bag at the National Hub and the other was out for delivery and never arrived. In summary, both bags never arrived

I immediately contacted MyHermes via the bot Holly and followed up via email. I sent them pictures of the bags but they did nothing. After so much back and forth via emails almost daily and phone calls, I was initially told to wait 5 days for the items to be sorted from the hobb. I was later informed that the bags were missing and told to fill a claims form. The agent who I called said that after filling the form an investigation will be carried out and 80% of the time, the items turn up. I believed and filled the form. I got an email that the items could not be found and I was offered £27.72 as compensation for each bag. I messaged the CEO saying that it was not okay to just fobb me off saying the items were lost without a sweep of their depot. I got a phone call from on Tasawar offering £25 as a good will gesture. 

I do not feel that it is sufficient and I have communicated that to them and they have said thats their last offer with a lot of text as to why I am only entitled to £27.72. I want to make a claim for the items. Has anyone succeed against MyHermes.

I also feel it is important to state that I am in Nigeria at the moment ant the things were picked up from my friend but I made all the payments from my card. I am also shocked at the level of service MyHermes  provides; it will be unacceptable even in Nigeria. What can be done about them. This has to stop

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 17.30.26.png

Well of course you don't have to accept their offer of settlement. It's derisory but this is typical of Hermes.

Please could you post up in PDF format the text that they have sent you disclaiming liability.

You say that there are two parcels worth £200 each. This means that you will be claiming £400. Generally speaking Hermes put their hands up and pay out rather than go to court. £400 might nudge them over the line especially as court hearings are currently being handled on the telephone or by video at the moment.

How much longer are you in Nigeria? Of course you could handle a court hearing if it was on the telephone, where ever you were in the world as long as you had a decent connection – but you will need somebody at a UK address to be able to receive documents and to be able to contact you reliably – meaning the same day with a scanner whatever has been received.

And there is an outside chance that the courts may decide that there should be a face-to-face hearing and that means that you would have to get over to UK

There's not much more I can say. The response from Hermes is absolutely predictable – and it's now up to you whether you think that you would be prepared to take legal action and managed action if it gets to a hearing.

As I've already suggested, it's unlikely it would be a face-to-face hearing. I think it would be a very bad idea to let Hermes know where you are because that might prompt them to push for a face-to-face hearing in the knowledge that you would be unlikely to get there.

Thank you for your response. 

I have taken out time to think through the whole process, the financial implication and what happens if it goes to hearing.

I have decided to go through with it. Taking advantage of the social distancing due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, I am happy to take the chance that it will not get to hearing. 

I have been out of pocket due to this incident and it has cost me a lot of distress for the past months since July. It is only fair that I see this to a justifiable end.

What do you advise I do with regards to engaging myhermes and notification that I intend to take them to Court.

Can you provide a list of the contents of each bag together with evidence of its value

In that case I should send them a letter of claim, confirming that as they have been unable to provide you with a satisfactory solution and they have lost your parcels, that you will be issuing a claim in the County Court within 14 days and without any further notice.

Enclose a list and the valuations of the items.

Use a UK address.

At the end of 14 days issue the claim. Don't bluff because it won't get you anywhere. If you delay then you will lose credibility.

In the intervening 14 days start looking around this website to understand the steps in bringing a small claim in the County Court. Registered on the Moneyclaim website and start drafting your claim.

Post the particulars of claim here before you click them off so that we can check

Yes it's fine but I don't understand why you are writing directly to Martin. it won't reach him and he doesn't care anyway.

also only send this letter if you are prepared to carry out your threat immediately at the expiry of the deadline

So have you sent it and have you started preparing?

Thank you. Post your draft particulars here before you click it off

Here is a proposed particulars of claim:

The claimant used the defendants parcel delivery service on XXX date to deliver two parcels from Cambridge to an address in London. Defendants reference numbers XXX and XXX. The parcels contained various items total value £XXX - full details have been provided to the defendant in the initial complaint which they declined. Both parcels have been lost by the defendants breach of contract and their negligence. The claimant seeks damages of £XXX plus delivery charge of £XXX plus interest per section 69 County Courts act 1984 plus costs.

Dear BankFodder, 

Does the required 14 days after my letter of claim include weekends? 

This particulars of claim ok?

The claimant used the defendants parcel delivery service on 14 July 2020 to deliver two parcels from Cambridge to an address in London. Defendants reference numbers 8836280247638782 and 8836280247639086. The parcels contained various items total value £400- full details have been provided to the defendant in the initial complaint. and several correspondence which they declined. Both parcels have been confirmed lost by the defendants notwithstanding the claimant being diligent and alerting the Defendants in time for them to remedy the situation. In the circumstances the Defendants are in breach of contract to deliver the goods and negligent in handling the claimant’s goods in their position which resulted in the items being lost within the Defendants network. The claimant seeks damages of £400plus delivery charge of £ 15.44 plus interest per section 69 County Courts act 1984 plus costs.

• Like 1

I suggested some edits to your particulars of claim.

14 days is a straight 14 calendar days – weekends included

• 3 weeks later...

You are saying that they returned an acknowledgement of service?

If they have only just now filed the acknowledgement of service then wasn't there a moment when you could have gone in applied for judgement? Have you been checking the moneyclaim site every day?

Today was the deadline to AOS as the claim was issued 5th Oct...19 days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK