ESA renewal waiting time?

DoSACExile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I got my ESA renewal form around January of this year and sent it back in time for the deadline in March. I have proof of postage and they also signed for it when it was delivered.

As you might have noticed, there's been a global pandemic since then and everything's been suspended. I haven't received any kind of correspondence from the DWP since that initial form and I've no idea if this is normal, as there must be a massive backlog for them to work through.

I've called twice but after an hour on the phone waiting, I had to give up. The telephone system did say all F2F assessments had been suspended, so I'm assuming everything is just sort of on ice at the moment.

Am I right to just carry on as normal until I hear something?

Do you mean the health assessment form ESA50 ?  And you are still being paid ESA, with no change to the amount of payment you are receiving ?

If so, the assessment centre should hopefully have your assessment form and it a question of when any assessment will take place.  I understand that some assessment centres are starting to reopen at some point in September. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

15 hours ago, DoSACExile said:

Am I right to just carry on as normal until I hear something?

Yes!

I'm in the same boat atm. Sent off an ESA50 received right before everything went into lock down.

If like most you'll be having a face to face assessment that ain't going to happen for a while and even when they start up again there's going to be a massive backlog to get through.

So enjoy it whilst it lasts 😀 

• 3 weeks later...

Jinxed my self answering this one!

Got a telephone call on call on Thursday 11:30 am from IAS well Atossers

So am awaiting a telephone assessment 9am this Thursday.

So be aware my ESA50 was sent back end of March as the holiday is over! Boo Boo!

Quick question can anybody remember the days required for notification of a WCA appointment?

I'm probably over thinking it........ I said a cancellation appointment was a bad idea then was offered that appointment. Bait n switch plus disability discrimination complaint against Atoosers would be a nice distraction.... well something to do Corvid lockdown  :)

Edited by speedfreek
add call time and my spelling is well......

Just found this bit of info which might help others

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16527/

I was under the impression that this is the general process at the moment (under Covid).
Unless LCWRA can be established during a phone appointment, the client will have to wait for a face to face assessment.
As I understand it it is just a policy by DWP to be able to process the cases with most obvious health issues.

This might be good news o/ 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 15:42, speedfreek said:

This might be good news o/ 

Apologies for my complete hi-jack of this thread!

Had my telephone assessment and it was fine. 

For me it was a lot less stressful than the usual ATOS tactic of making me wait for an hour in their assessment centre waiting room so they can tick some box or ought!

To cut a long story short the assessor was a physio but had a lot of empathy which is always good and sort of understood the issues with mental health so........

Had my GP records as well which is a 1st and imho a welcome development as he told me when my last GP app was and then started pre -facing (is that the right term?) answering the questions he was asking me?  

Letter arrived this week and I've been moved from the WRAG to Support group!

Result! 

So stranger things have happened at sea!

It's only taken 10 years on ESA so......