Final Opportunity for Payment delivered by Enforcement Agents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, 

We had an enforcement agent turn up to our doorstep today which my sister stupidly opened the door to,

my mum refused the notice which he said he had to post anyway even if she did not physically take it.

- It is for my dad who is not in the country at the moment.

He told me to pay it, which is fine,

but upon checking everything this is a PCN issued by the council on the 25/082019

- he hasn't received any correspondence leading to this. 

Payment is for £408. I will upload the letter they 'posted'. 

Any advice would be very helpful.

jabobs letter.pdf

The following may be of interest to you ....

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If your father had not received any previous notices, it would usually be the case that this would be because all prior correspondence had been sent to a previous address and the enforcement company has now been made aware of a change of address.

Could this possibly be the case?

Yup and if that is the case you can appeal

https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-a-penalty-charge-notice/out-of-time

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This happened to my friend, last week, they clamped his car on the drive , demanding payment.

He’s a key worker, who needs the vehicle in order to get to work as a teacher in the local authority who’d issued the PCN.

I told him to ring the head of the local council and explain that without his car he can’t start back at school this week. HOC sent an email to Head of parking. Bailiffs came back with an apology, released the clamp. He’s now only liable for the original ticket.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

When you say no correspondence, do you mean no notice to keeper from the authority and notices from TEC?

Or do you mean no notice from the bailiff?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS