Tax rebate/ universal credit

Timpg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just received confirmation that I am due a tax rebate from 2019/2020 of £485.

I am currently in receipt of universal credit of approximately £1840 per month, claiming from the beginning of may this year.  
I currently earn £1600 per month and have two children, one of which is disabled. 
my question is, will this rebate have an effect on my universal payment? 

thank you in advance 

You sure its not one of the fake tax rebate emails?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

You sure its not one of the fake tax rebate emails?

Dx

hi yes I can confirm it is in deed not a scam, I’m well aware of these phishing emails and have reported a few recently. 
I have been aware I should of been due a tax rebate as in my previous employment I had a salary sacrifice car.

when I left for my current employer October 2019, I gave the car back but my tax code never changed and was still reflecting my code as though I still had the car. 
So with that in mind I have been regularly checking on my online tax account to check, and it now states I’m due the rebate. 

Afaik because its a rebate of what you already paid, its not classed as earnings.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Afaik because its a rebate of what you already paid, its not classed as earnings.

yes that’s how I would understand it to be, but after looking around at other sites for an answer. 
it appears the answer is not that clear. 
The rebate has come handy as the cars due a service etc. 
but I guess to be on the safe side it would be wise to save the rebate, just in case they deduct from my universal credit payment. 

A tax rebate is counted as income when it comes to working out UC.  If it’s paid through wages then UC will obviously know straight away.  There is some debate though if it’s paid directly into your bank or via chq as UC may not pick up on this straight away.

1 minute ago, Sirbob00 said:

A tax rebate is counted as income when it comes to working out UC.  If it’s paid through wages then UC will obviously know straight away.  There is some debate though if it’s paid directly into your bank or via chq as UC may not pick up on this straight away.

hi there

yes this is what I have also heard through googling my query. 
I have been on my online personal tax account and requested the rebate through an online transfer into my bank account. 
so it wouldn’t be through my wages. 

regards