ControlAccount for FedEx?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 3rd of April 2020 I received a parcel which had been shipped from the US. Prior to delivery there was no notification of any outstanding taxes/duties/charges owing, the parcel was only delivered and signed for. Approximately a week later I received a sudden Duty & Tax Invoice relating to this delivery.

The attached paperwork showed that the duty had been calculated incorrectly.  I pointed this out to FedEx and asked them to calculate the duty correctly so that I could pay the correct sum which I know that I do have to pay.  I cannot be responsible for covering any erroneous payments which Fedex claims to have made on my behalf.

I also informed them that I would not be paying their £12 admin fee as I was not notified of an administration charge prior to accepting delivery. Therefore, I did not have the option to decline delivery, return to the sender, and source the item from elsewhere without this charge being due. I told them that I did not enter any contract with Fedex to accept this charge, my contract was solely between myself and the shipper of the item. Any contract with Fedex is between themselves and the shipper of the item. 

Despite my reasonable request, Fedex did not recalculate their invoice, but continued to pester me for the incorrect sum, plus their admin fee. They have now passed the whole thing over to ControlAccount.

ControlAccount are now subjecting me to a barrage of demanding letters, each one increasing in value. I am also being threatened with ‘Litigation and to obtain a Judgement against you. Such a course of action may have an adverse affect on your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, court fees and interest which may disproportionately increase the amount outstanding.’

Does anyone have any advice in dealing with this?  I just want to pay the correct Duty, which I know I owe!

shouldn't have bothered replying at all.

there are lots of threads here about these supposed import tax debts from control account plus representing their 'clients'

they are a DCA

a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF

and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what it's type.

fedEx have never done court either

read the letters carefully..they don't say WILL anywhere

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

Got another letter from them today threatening me with their 'solicitor partner, DWF Law LLP' for further assessment. Like you say above, they don't say 'WILL' anywhere.  As expected, the sum demanded has sky-rocketed again!

Is there any way to just pay the duty that I have calculated that I actually do owe? 

I'm not disputing I need to pay that, just properly calculated.

FedEx has quickly and skilfully closed down all avenues of dispute and ways to repay what I legally owe, presumably so that their 'Controlaccount' branch can start piling on the extras.

controlaccount are a DCA and can't add anything

and have ZERO legal powers.

i'll post the next letter in the series you'll get if you wish soon.

but bottom line is ignore everything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks ever so much for your advice in this Dx - seems like I'm going through nothing unusual then!

I will (of course) follow your advice. Yes, if you could point me at a copy of the next letter in the series I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dx.  I only asked for further help because you offered it in the post above mine.

These people are still writing to me.  I'm still ignoring them, as per advice above, but I am twitching a bit!

Thanks again.

Edited by Belfin