You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Unfortunately paying the £185 is the least worst option..   You could apply for a set aside, but not only does it cost more at £255 but you also have to give the judge a reason why you didn't file your defence when you were supposed to.   You could just not pay, but that would lead to six years of a trashed credit file.   Best to take it on the chin and be ready if the same thing ever happens again, when it will be essential to read what is written on the court form and respect any deadlines the court sets (something dx repeated upthread). 
    • I'm going to say once again I think that you are fortunate that they didn't refuse to cover you at all. Normally insurers are looking for a way out and I think they could have been much more heavy-handed with you. I would advise you to take the money and then if you want to pursue the third party will help you. The great thing is that if you take the money from the insurer then you are left with a relatively small sum which doesn't put you at risk if you decide to bring a small claim – and if liability has been fully admitted then I don't really see that you can lose. I'm sure that the other side will bring the reduction of your insurance cover into issue – but I don't see that it is relevant to the question of their liability. Otherwise you're going to get into very complicated ground about the assessment of your failure to keep the insurer informed about your speeding convictions. I'm sorry to say but I think that it is absolutely clear that these things have to be mentioned to an insurer and it is absolutely clear that the insurer would have charged you a greater premium – or even possibly have refused to insure you. Do you have any other convictions which the insurer has been made aware of? Or did you have a completely clean licence before these two speeding offences
    • Nope not worth mentioning. Paying them Even 1 penny will let them sink their claws int him for the next 6 years. Don’t fall for their fake threats.
    • Hi @Mwynci The UW threw this into the mix yesterday.    As @BankFodder mentions above they are making a meal of this, given they will be claiming back from the third parties insurer anyway given its a Fully Comprehensive Insurance.  That said they have advised this morning that they need to prove to the TPI that I've been fully indemnified and this plays heavily on the basis I've made a 'careless misrepresentation'. My view is its an oversight on the basis the contract was auto re-newed.    As stated, non fault accident, full liability accepted by third party and police log confirms this, following attendance at the scene so no dispute. Surely my insurer has no liability. 
    • Topic moved to Default Issues Forum.   Andy
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
kie

Help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have done the first bit, got my statementsd, identified charges, hassled Halifax with no success. I have now filled in the on-line court form.

Question

Do I now send a copy of the charges and interest to the Court and Halifax and do I need to send copies of the relevant statements also?

Question

My response from the Halifax came from Customer Services in Leeds so I used that address on the court form - do you think it will be OK.

Thanks, Kie.

so you haven't sent the Halifax a Prelim.Letter or a Letter Before Action notice either?

i think you need to read the FAQs first, you seemed to have missed out notifying the Halifax of your intentions and requesting refunding charges first.

you've gone too far too soon. read read read FAQs.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

I think if he has had a response from Customer Services in Leeds, he will have done the initial letters (I am only presuming though)

The address would be

Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I'm confused too about whether you have followed the tried and tested procedure. However, we are all here to help each other.

In answer to your question.

You now send, for the first time, a full copy of the spread sheet showing the full interest claimed under S69. Two copies to the court and one to Halifax's solicitors who are named and addressed on the acknowledgement.

A template for you (thanks to Michael Browne)

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

When you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement send a copy to the bank’s solicitors.

Hope this helps, if not post again and we'll see what we can do!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

can anyone help me with which spread sheet to use ??????:confused:

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

can anyone help me with which spread sheet to use ??????:confused:

May I suggest you begin your own thread then each individual can receive the appropriate help for their claim.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth