@Inchcapeuk Burton Upon Trent avoiding their consumer obligations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you can get over the fact that it's a Renault (Yuk) have a look at this.

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Be careful, too many contributors to this post are happy to propose court at the first hint of trouble.

Too many people are jumping to conclusions without evidence.

I will always remember the Jaguar Guy, got his car damaged at a Jaguar Dealer by a faulty pressure washer. egged on by all and sundry to go to court. Lost. Nearly lost his house.

The Tyreweld bit is just an illustration of why you need to be 110% of your facts and try not to make your story, fit the facts.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Yes I appreciate that, I’m more concerned with getting nearly £1400 of costs I incurred due to works I feel they should have carried out before providing me the vehicle, now they are not even responding or answering my questions regarding there own inspection report. It has been going on too long now

Hi BankFodder,

Would you mind passing you opinion on this before I send it off?

I have not received satisfactory resolution to my original email dated 25/01/2020 and subsequent emails regarding the faults on the vehicle which I bought from you on 24/01/2020.

Please see the summary of my requests from numerous emails once again,

Westover 4x4 £154.80 - Initial inspection fee to identify faults (Inchcape agree to pay)

Brake discs and pads £170.88 - The vehicle should not have been released to me with faulty brakes, due to Covid 19 lockdown and garages being closed I purchased the parts and changed the brakes myself to ensure the car was safe, vibration reported to Inchcape resolved.(Inchcape do not agree to pay as considered wear and tear)

Near side anti roll bar link worn quoted £165 Inchcape agreed to pay this (I have had the works complete for £76.35 included on Hypermotive bill attached)

Full service including timing belt change £845.69 (Quoted £1112.95) - Whilst I have been told by Gary at Inchcape that this service will not be reimbursed I would like to remind you that I paid for the extended warranty with Inchcape as attached and page 13 clearly states that vehicles with timing belts must be checked and changed in line with the manufacturers recommendations or warranty will not be covered. I therefore have to question why Inchcape sold me a vehicle and warranty knowing the timing belt was not changed and this would invalidate my warranty?

I am once again requesting a full refund of £1,247.72 on the grounds that the goods were not fit for purpose under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I would like a reply as soon as possible so that I know you have received this letter. If you don't agree to the refund, could you please then send me a detailed response saying why you don't agree.

As you are aware, I have tried to resolve this with Toyota finance and yourselves and communication stopped from on your behalf.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. This may increase your liability for costs.

I have now received an email from Toyota finance saying Inchcape are offering to pay for the brakes, Anti roll bar link and inspection fee but not the major service.

Still feel the correct service should have been carried out prior to handing the car to me?

Any thoughts on the above???

What's the value of the service?

What is the value of the offer they have made you?

I haven't paid close attention to this thread but by large I understand that you paid £17,000 for a motorcar which had defects.

You believe that for £17,000 you should have received a car without these defects and which had been properly serviced in advance – partly on the basis that the service would have revealed the defects.

Are you confident that there are no other defects?

Total Value of offer now is £481.

Yes paid £17,760 for vehicle and reported faults upon returning home with vehicle back in January.

I believe all defects found from 2 independent garages which has cost me £1247.72 to rectify should be fully compensated.

The shock absorbers are now being replaced under my warranty but no other defects reported.

Should I just take the £481 or send the letter of claim and see if that gets the service paid for, court application will cost £106?

Have you had a rigorous independent survey done now of the vehicle?

Have you had an MOT done?

If it’s up to the dealers to do a oil change when the vehicle is due a major service which will not satisfy the warranty they sold me then I will take the £481.

If they are required to sell me a vehicle that complies with the warranty they sold them I will send letter of claim

Well you know what the warranty says – and we don't. So you will be best placed to make that decision. Certainly 800 quid is a lot of money.

If I knew I would get another MOT done anyway. you may have a current one but you never know what another inspection might throw up.

Also I would have another independent inspection done. You might as well reveal all the defects you can while you are involved in this dispute

Yes warranty says the vehicle must have the correct service at time or mileage for warranty to be valid!

To be honest I agree £800 is a lot of money but I am currently working 14-16 hours a day and don’t want to spend extra time on something that doesn’t have good chance of getting a positive result, morally I know I’m right but legally I’m not sure 

Well it seems to me very straightforward. when you bought the vehicle was it due a service or had a service being carried out?

Is this based on the mileage at the time? Is this absolutely provable?

And is it completely confirmed that note service had been carried out ?

please reply and then please monitor this for a response tomorrow

I have a bad feeling about his. Inchcape are not known for sharp practice.

Somethings up.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG