• Tweets

• Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement July 2019     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Didn't receive.  Had not updated DVLA with the new address when moving house 2016   [scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]   3 Date received N/A   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not mentioned in any letters received from DRP, Zenith collections or CST law   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? I don't know   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No, I have not replied to any correspondence   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A   7 Who is the parking company? Premier park Ltd   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] St Georges Shopping centre, Gravesend ANPR Bath Street   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Appeals body is not mentioned in any letters from DRP or Zenith Collections or CST Law   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   2 letters from DRP - Final chance to pay 2 from Zenith Collections (which I believe is a different trading name of DRP) - Notice of debt recovery assignment, Notice of intention to commence legal proceedings      
    • might be best to state you would rather have a face to face hearing, but most certainly object on the papers only hearing as you wish to cross examine the author of their WS.
    • Also it's very common that people who go to prison for this, worked for Tax Credits, or HMRC, whilst perpetrating deliberate fraud.
    • We live in a flat and with Clarion Housing who are a housing association.    Today we all got a summary of what the service charges estimates were, and what they actually were. The estimates were £412 less than the actual costs. The three main increases were:   Communal Electricity - Estimated £45.00, Actual £241.73 Communal Water - Estimated £3.66, Actual £234.91 Fire Protection - Estimated £2.08, Actual £147.65   We have no idea what the electricity cost is for. Someone could have been stealing power for all we know.   The water, I recall a water leak (last year / early this year) in the "Energy Centre" which is a big boiler than pumps hot water around to all the properties in the estate and heat exchange units transfer it to our hot water and heating. This means the leak must have cost at least £100,000 overall in lost water which doesn't add up at all.    Fire protection was some work that was carried out when they realised that there wasn't enough fire protection in the buildings. They had to remove cladding and fit fire proof cladding, they put fire brakes above fire doors etc.    Does this seem fair that we're having to pay for these? What can we do? 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Hello,

Looking to become a foster carer in future, I understand a separate bedroom is required over the ages of 3.

Does the bedroom have to be part of the same building as I have an outbuilding in garden newly furnished bedroom/bathroom currently would that be eligible?

Thanks.

Best to contact the local Council team that deals with Fostering and they will provide full details of the accommodation requirements. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I very rarely make judgemental posts on this forum – but I have to say that children who have found themselves in a position where they have needed foster care, need  particular integration and folding into a family unit.
The idea of lodging them in an outhouse in the garden – however well-equipped it might be – is repugnant to me – and I hope it is equally repugnant to the council and social workers who might consider your application.

Its only for sleeping not living and there will be a childrens monitor with a mobile phone alert. It will have been newly furnished. I understand its allowed for over 16 children. 

What is "allowed", and what is morally justifiable, and what is repugnant – are completely different things.

I'm afraid that what you have said doesn't change my view in the slightest.

I think that you have rather missed the point - and that worries me too.

So, why are baby/child even adult monitors with mobile phone alerts so popular because they are at a distance with loved ones and can give attention when they need it. I think you have a draconian view of my situation its not a broken wooden damp shed! 

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I think that you have rather missed the point - and that worries me too.

why not ask them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

i beg to differ..

they are far better placed at answering your query than we ever could be

or they will refer you to someone who can answer your questions.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

• 2 weeks later...

As i said before they have not been  trained on fostering and I am looking for someone who works for a fostering agency or a social worker who does applications on this here if not then do not post useless comments. 

@Braveheart2009

dx100uk has not posted a useless comment as you put it and I fully agree with his post they should be contacting the council for that specific area where they wish to foster as the Council will have the relevant information to direct them (as they do in my own council area for fostering).

They should also be researching this better: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-foster-parent/types-of-foster-care

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group