Problems with card *** Resolved***

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I know not been here for awhile but  going through a very rough time right now,   

Today i logged into my Barclay card account to find a transaction I do  not know, it is from Identitydefender.co.uk.

I have never used them or heard of them,

yes I have already disputed this and tried to ring Barclays but after being put on hold for ages I was told sorry but due to issues all our phones are not  available? 

I now  can not even get into my account, it says please ring this number but when you do you  get the message about the phones!

Has anyone else  had/got this happen?

I have been trying for ages, I have even emailed Identitydefender to ask for my money  back,

yes it is only £29.99 but it is mine and  they have taken my  credit limit to nearly the top, I have not used this card for awhile

Thank you

XX Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi Snowy,

Write to BC by post and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO.

Complain that you did not agree to pay any amount to Identity Defender and want the charge removed immediately. No need to say much more than that.

I suspect you may have fallen for this by inadvertantly agreeing to a subscription when taking some other product.

Stay off the phone and keep comm'ns in writing only.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I   do not normally  ring but as  could not  get into my  account had no choice  but  did not get reply  anyhow, have tired few times  get  into my  account but  its not working! 

Thanks  slick 

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Did you sort out your last two money problems out

https://tinyurl.com/yycrdjgo

https://tinyurl.com/yycgqevc

Someone getting you details from somewhere ?

Edited by 45002
url as ever

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

We're sorry - we've been unable to complete your log in request right now

is what am getting

the we do savings one yes , cant  remember  other one  , sorry as  you have no name on picture I am not sure who you are, not been on for a long      time,  had a lot  of bad things  happen x

clicked on the links ty,  45002,  the identity one is  different to one been charged  for now, it is called Identitydefender.co.uk, I have emailed them but no response as yet, I keep trying to get back into my  Barclaycard account but nothing.

Jeepers, looking at their site, Identitydefender.co.uk are charging £29.99 a month - I assumed it was per annum !!

Tell BC you need to immediately cancel any Continuous Payment Authority in favour of Identity Defender. BC must action your instruction and it has nothing to do with the payee.

Then get BC to refund any payments taken previously.

Don't bother trying to communicate with the payee - they'll be uninterested in your plight.

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Sorry you've been having a hard time but  ..........  did you sort out the issues highlighted in the threads listed in post #4 above.

Maybe online security is the issue here but you need to get BC to act to refund recent, and maybe older, payments charged to the card account.

• Like 1

Yes other problems sorted ty Slick

I can not  get into my BC account, have tried several times and there phones seem to be down, I actually did manage to inform BC that there was a transaction showing  that I know nothing about, they sent me a secure message, I had to reply to that, they then sent me another  which I can no access as  can not get into my  account!

Just had a call  and email from BC saying   reason not able to get into my  account is they are looking into  the transaction and  they are canceling the card and sending me a new one , they said they are investigating and marked it as fraud

Will keep you up to date

Thank you

Sandy xx

Got this from them

Your Subscription has been cancelled and you will not be charged in the future.

A Full Refund has been credited back to the payment method originally used.

This refund can take up to 7 working days to show in your account dependent on your bank.

If you have cancelled the payment method used, the refund will still be processed and show in your account within 7 working days.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.

Is this from Identitydefender ?

yes it is Slick,, my card has been stopped  as well and BC are looking  into the matter also 

Your new BC card should arrive soon.

Meanwhile, have you worked out yet how this expensive monthly DD came about ?

not a clue slick! have been reading      up about them and seems there has been others in same situation,  seems  it happens  when people  are looking for credit/loans etc but not sure

Long as  I get  the refund!  not know as till get new card I can not  access my BC account

Got my new BC today so  now should be able to log into my  account and see if the refund is there

Sandy xx

Let us know ...............😎

only 14p  gone back on card! no idea why only 14p, BC are  still looking into it as it was £29.99

Will keep  you updated once  I know anything

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

update

Barclays have investigation   everything and  have said the transaction  for the £29.99   did not  get processed  so case now closed  but they will be   keeping their watch on my  account

Thanks to all who helped

Sandy

• AndyOrch changed the title to Problems with card *** Resolved***