Maximum height allowed for replacement wall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi friends, I'm very new to this website, whilst being as old as coal. Next door has been purchased by a property "developer" who has made my lockdown a misery by ripping his house apart since February. One of his first acts was to knock down our adjoining wall (which used to be his garage wall), sending a brick through our bathroom window. He repaired the window but the wall remains in bits, nor has he repaired the 2 m. gate which he damaged. When he rebuilds the wall, if it is any higher than the original, it will drastically reduce the light in my kitchen window, 1.5 metres away. Can I insist on him staying at the original height? Does anybody know what my rights are please?

You need to check with your local council planning department whether there are any special local rules about fence heights that affect your house but if not the general rule is, if I recall correctly, that boundary fences up to 2 metres high do not need planning permission. So he is probably entitled to erect a 2m high fence or wall on his boundary.  I say 'probably', not 'definitely', I'm not an expert on this. It was something I looked up when my neighbours started putting up a high fence recently.