Lowell claimform - old Shop Direct CAT debt

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's no legal requirement to sign either in reality...but they will send it back if there's no signature..either printed or hand written.

It states type name only on both templates.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

READ MY LAST POST CAREFULLY 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

my wife has today received a copy of the credit agreement (electronically signed) and also the deed of assignment though this looks to be a letter saying that they have bought the debt.

The letter also says that they are waiting for other documents to be received and they will send them to her when available.

Best its the generic EU one.

scan it all to one mass pdf please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as always you dont want the fleecers to find  you here

read upload carefully

and they

yep as i guessed ye ole EU agreement and the other one has you correct name and address for the time you took it out?, but correctly you've blanked those out ?

still no Default notice then and i notice theres NO IP address box filled in from the online sign up PC ?

lowells have lost or disc'd numerous claims here already trying to use those.

and they

Yes dx100 - one did have the name and address on as you said.

NO IP address box filled in from the online sign up PC  - is there  box for this ?

Is it usual for the IP to be listed on the form?

Is there a way forward yet or do we just wait a bit ?

good effort

not due till friday 10th sept by 4pm.

see what others say.

and they

Just a quick update on this, we have just received an email from the ombudsman after almost 1 year saying that they have assigned an adjudicator to the case.

probably doesn’t change the court case but thought I would let you know.

We haven’t received anything further from Overdales or Lowell since the last upload of docs.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Defence is due Friday 10th Sept by 4.00pm.

Have you looked in the Financial Legal Success Forum for similar ?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/129-legal-successes/

Find a similar type claim/claimant/particulars...copy the defence and amend to suit your particulars and situation...post here before submitting.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Not sure if I am on the right track with this but below is the defence I have put together:

1.       On the 14th August 2021( sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR sufficiently and remains in default of the section 78 request.

2.        The claimant has not provided a true copy of the CCA despite requests being made but instead I received a response dated 18/09/2021 stating `please find enclosed a copy of the agreement’.

3.       No valid copy of an executed consumer credit agreement that complies with the CCA1974 has been received by the defendant.

4.       The `so called ` copy of the agreement stated in claimants letter dated 18/09/2021 is in fact stated as an online application and is no more than a log from either the OC`s operating system or one that has been constructed since with details from the account to look like an application.The document has no digital ID to show where the agreement was supposedly signed. 

5.        Without a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA1974 the claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt and has in fact attempted to mislead the courts in to believing that they have the necessary paperwork.

6.       It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by 

CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for

7.        Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

8.       As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

9.       On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

10.   By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

11.    It is therefore requested that the Claimants Claim is struck out pursuant to the above. 

and they

click the link

lots of examples there 

dx

and they

Why are you trying to log into MCOL ?....please do not submit the above defence until its been checked.

Okay well you can submit a defence anytime from now once its completed ....I will draft you a custom defence shortly as your claim is slightly different to others in that an ongoing dispute is in place , irresponsible lending and of course the Ombudsman involvement.

The above defence you have had a go at is not suitable in this instance.

Andy