• Tweets

• This is the letter I sent to P.E.on behalf of my friend, who is a work colleague.  P.E.sent nothing that was requested, and instead sent a letter which is the one posted in this read.  here is what I sent to P.E.     Dear Sir/Madam,                                  Before I am in a position to decide what to do with this pcn, please supply me with the following documentation, no later than 10 calendar days from the receipt of this letter. 1.Please supply a  full unredacted copy of your agreement with the land owner allowing you to enforce parking regulations.Unless of course,CEL are the legitimate landowners, in which case I require a copy of that proof as registered with the land registry.If however,CEL are not  the legal landowner of the said land, then you will have failed to constitute a contract with the land owner giving you the rights to enforce parking on the site.  When considering wether you are the legal land owner, and entitled to the stated fee, please bear this in mind:-  2.If CEL are not the legal land owners, then your penalty charge would be deemed illegal under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999,if you are not the legal registered landowner. It is also an unfair term according to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 regulation 62(4) October 1 2015. 3. I require you to provide me with a breakdown of how you reach the claimed figure. Please be aware of Judge McIlwaines comments in VCS v  Ibbotson Case No 1SE09849 16.5.2012 (transcript in the public domain), where judge McIlwaine said  “Parking charges cannot include business costs which would occur whether or not the alleged contravention took place”. Based upon that evidence,I suggest that the amount claimed is excessive and is being enforced as a penalty for allegedly parking.The parking charge does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss, and therefore is unfair as defined in the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. The charge is also,nearly double that of what a council parking charge would be. I believe there is no contract with the landowner that gives CEL the legal standing to levy these charges nor pursue them in the courts in their own name as creditor. 4. Supply  me with documentation showing how or where I formed a contract with CEL.I don’t recall entering into a contract wether fomally, verbally, by phone, text, email, or in person. Signs do not help CEL and drivers to form a contract.CEL,I believe,are only an agent who may or may not be the legal landowner as registered with the Land Registry.  Excel -v-HMRC 2012 is the binding decision in the Upper Chamber which covers this issue with compelling statements of fact about this sort of business model. 5. CEL have not said wether the pcn is for damages for trespass, or a contractual sum.Please specify which it is. 6. I do not believe that CEL have planning permission to erect signage (or the cameras) at this location),required under section 2a, town and country planning act,as defined in the Information Commissioners code of practice, book,updated October 2017.Here is the section you need:- “Given the significant amounts of information that ANPR systems are able to collect, it is important that individuals are informed that their personal data is being processed. The best way to do this is through signage explaining that ANPR recording is taking place and, if possible to do so, the name of the data controller collecting the information. While it is a challenge to inform motorists that they are being monitored, there are methods you can use, such as the Town and Country Planning Act (control of advertisements) Regulations 2007, to help provide this information (see section 9.1.2 for further detail)”. You will find this on page 34, section 5 of the said handbook. If  however,you do have planning permission from the local council to erect cctv/anpr cameras and signage,, then please forward me a copy of the planning permission granted. I also require a copy of the approved planning application, approved site plan and schedule of installation and maintenance of the signs,and cameras. 7. Do not try and frighten me into paying by quoting the Supreme  Court case of Parking Eye V Barry Beavis.Here is some information before and since that case.:- Parking Eye actually pay a fee to the landowners of the car park in question in the SC case, which is why no other cases using this case have gone to county court.Furthermore,Judge J J Maloney did say in his case that he is “ only a district Judge and each case would be different depending on its issues”. Either provide me with all the documentation I have requested, in the time scale stated, or simply  cancel your actions.                                                   Yours Sincerely
    • Good evening   Have something of nothing really to tell   BigMW - I received an email yesterday from the business manager requesting that I attend in person...rather ironic considering I'm imobile hhmmm....   " If you require further information could you please come to site and present valid ID.  The purpose of this is to prevent fraud"   I would deem this an unreasonable request!! Firstly it's taken 36 days to respond, why isn't my drivers license feasible?  Please advise here   Creation Finance -  Received Docs from Sar request - Doc confirming pcp attached....What do you think?   Further to the above, I should have heard back from their investigation (20/05/2022) . I've heard absolutely nothing!  Do I at this point send a nudge email to them or just go straight to FOS regarding both parties?   Thank you     PCP contract_.pdf
    • SAR, yes do both, could be useful for cross referencing   The dates you've given for moving abroad also change from your original post so the more info you can gather the better   Also, there's quite a few questions you haven't answered that could be useful.    
    • No, I wasn’t. I did not know about the ccj because I had moved house and was not aware the loan had passed to Erudio as I was abroad 2012 to 2014.  I have no record of it at all but see that it is on my credit report now.  do I need to get to a SAR  to Erudio and student loans as well As calling northants 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Lowell claimform - old Shop Direct CAT debt

nicurro

its in the pdf!

just dont file the poc thats for ref only

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:thumb: 

Was you happy with the defence....no questions....everything was accurate ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Have you received a directions questionnaire N180 from the court ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Check the status of the claim on MCOL...see what it states after defence submitted.

You wont hear anything or be offered mediation until the claimant informs the court they wish to proceed...then you will receive a Directions Questionnaire N180 to file and serve.....then you will be informed of mediation and further directions.

The claim is now stayed if the last entry is defence received its passed the 28 days for the claimant to respond.

Only if they make an application to lift the stay with fee...they had 28 days to respond to your defence otherwise its auto stayed.

Nicurro it would help if you read a few similar threads you would already know this information and process.

• 2 weeks later...

you mean:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

must be determined to pursue and confident of the result.

Not necessarily, simply next stage in the process...just because its going to allocation does not always mean it will get to a hearing..there could be a few more twist and turns before then. 

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

Having responded to the court claim for mediation I since have heard nothing from the court.

On Thursday this week we received the attached letter from Overdales.

Could I ask for advice on this letter and also ask if they should be writing direct when mediation through court is pending? 

Thanks

Overdales letter.pdf

We need everything they sent.

If you go read juśt about any other lowell claimform thread here, you'll see thats quite a std letter, puffing out their chest and fluffing their feathers.

In all truth its a begging letter, give us this discounted sum and we wont have to discontinue the claim later on. Our case is very weak.

compare you paperwork against others uploads where lowell ran away.

Dx

and they

All further pages attached now apart from the lists of previous payments.

Hi,

Hi again,

Having responded to the court claim for mediation I since have heard nothing from the court.

On Thursday this week we received the attached letter from Overdales.

Could I ask for advice on this letter and also ask if they should be writing direct when mediation through court is pending? 

Thanks

Overdales letters small.pdf

bogroll the lot of it

so you've heard nothing more since sending in your N180 to their sold and the court in november??

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell claimform - old Shop Direct CAT debt